Emily Jugenheimer Follow-Up Interview

TRANSCRIPT OF TAPED INTERVIEW BETWEEN DETECTIVE BRANDON AND EMILY JUGENHEIMER ON TUESDAY THE 8TH OF MAY, 2018

LOCATION OF INTERVIEW: ROSEWOOD PARK

TIME COMMENCED: 9:35 PM

Detective Brandon: That was quite the speech you gave Emily.

Emily: How many times do I have to tell you, it's Em.

Detective Brandon: Right. Well, Emmmm, you actually had me believing for a moment that you truly miss Caitlyn and want us to find her.

(Eye roll)

Emily: Whatever. Where's that hot cop partner of yours? Why do I get interviewed by old man Columbo when I could have Law & Order's Benjamin Bratt?

Detective Brandon: Sorry to disappoint.

Emily: What do you want?

Detective Brandon: I have a few more questions about Caitlyn.

Emily: Of course you do.

Detective Brandon: Do you know anyone named Curtis that Caitlyn could have been dating?

Emily: Curtis? Let me think....no.

Detective Brandon: Are you sure? Take a minute to think about it. You mentioned before that Caitlyn liked older guys. Could Curtis be someone who had graduated ahead of your class?

Emily: I don't remember a Curtis and I hate to point out the obvious, but you could check the yearbook, detective.

Detective Brandon: Thanks for the tip Em, but I'm pretty sure Curtis was a code name. Do you know who it could be code for?

Emily: Isn't that your job, to figure out the codes and clues and FIND CAITLYN.

Detective Brandon: All right, let's just move on, shall we?

Emily: Let's.

Detective Brandon: Did Caitlyn drink or do drugs?

Emily: Drink? That's doubtful. She resented her mother so much for drinking. I think it was one of the reasons she never really touched the stuff.

Detective Brandon: What about drugs? Did you ever see her do any drugs?

Emily: No, but it seems like there was a lot of stuff I never saw Caitlyn do. It's funny, I didn't have much respect for her when she was around. I always felt like she was kind of a pushover and she never really had much of a personality. But now that she's gone, and all this info is coming forward about who she really was, it turns out she was way more interesting than I realized. Dead Caitlyn is far more lively than she was when she was living.

Detective Brandon: What an odd and disturbing thing to say about your "best" friend.

Emily: I'm just being honest! Isn't that what you want?

Detective Brandon: Well, honestly, I feel bad for Caitlyn. With a friend like you, who needs enemies?

Emily: Whatever, Murder She Wrote. Are we done here?

Detective Brandon: Definitely.

Emily: Oh, B.T dubs, if you're looking for someone who would understand Caitlyn's secret hidden language then you should ask Bizarro Emily.

Detective Brandon: Who?

Emily: Not a Seinfeld or Superman fan I take it. I figured you would have gotten that reference. It's more from your elderly generation anyway.

Detective Brandon: Just cut to the chase Em.

Emily: Bizarro Emily is Madison, Caitlyn's TJ bestie. Caitlyn made it clear when she came back senior year that Madison understood her in a way I never could. Ya know, everyone always sees Caitlyn as the victim in our friendship, but did you ever think it could be the other way around? It wasn't exactly easy being Miss Perfect's BFF.

Detective Brandon: I'll light a candle for you.

Emily: Ugh, I'm done with this convo. But tell that hottie partner of yours that if you have any more questions for me, he's more than welcome to swing by my house, sans YOU.

Detective Brandon: I'll be sure not to pass that message along. Have a nice night Queen E.

END OF INTERVIEW

TIME CONCLUDED: 9:53 PM