Caroline Patrick Interview

TRANSCRIPT OF TAPED INTERVIEW BETWEEN DETECTIVE BRANDON AND CAROLINE PATRICK ON THURSDAY THE 10TH OF MAY, 2018

LOCATION OF INTERVIEW: THE HOME OF CAROLINE PATRICK

TIME COMMENCED: 3:15 PM

Caroline: What took you so long?

Detective Brandon: Excuse me?

Caroline: I've been expecting you.

Detective Brandon: May I come in?

Caroline: I suppose, although I should warn you, if you came to try and get me to tell you something by bombarding me with the element of surprise, then I'm afraid to inform you that Terry beat you to the punch. I know about the affair.

Detective Brandon: Which one?

Caroline: Excuse me?

Detective Brandon: Did he tell you about how he was screwing his secretary or how he was also screwing her daughter?

Caroline: What did you just say?

Detective Brandon: I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Terry was having sex with both Vivian Coates and her teenage daughter, Caitlyn.

Caroline: You're lying.

Detective Brandon: Believe me, I wish I were.

Caroline: How do you know?

Detective Brandon: We have video surveillance at the hospital and there are many entries in Caitlyn's diary detailing their relationship, including the fact that...

Caroline: The fact that what?

Detective Brandon: This may be difficult to hear.

Caroline: Well you clearly came here to tell me, so...

Detective Brandon: Perhaps you should sit down.

Caroline: What's going on?

Detective Brandon: We believe that Caitlyn was pregnant with Terry's child at the time of her disappearance.

(Silence)

Caroline, are you okay? Caroline?

Caroline: And you're sure of this?

Detective Brandon: As sure as we can be without a body.

Caroline: This has to be some sort of mistake. Terry's no saint, but he wouldn't do that.

Detective Brandon: Are you positive?

(Silence)

I'll take your silence as a no.

Caroline: If it's true then why haven't you arrested him?

Detective Brandon: Because it's not enough. We need more, which is why I need your help.

Caroline: You think I would betray my husband?

Detective Brandon: Why not? He's done the same to you.

(Silence)

Caroline, I can't even imagine how horrible it is to hear these things about your husband: the man who swore to honor you and be faithful to you through thick and thin. Not only has he broken your wedding vows, he's humiliated you. He's made a mockery of your marriage, of your entire life. The pain you're feeling right now must be immeasurable, but so is that of the Coates family. They want to know what happened to their little girl.