Dr. Terry Patrick Interview

TRANSCRIPT OF TAPED INTERVIEW BETWEEN DETECTIVE BRANDON AND DR. TERRY PATRICK ON WEDNESDAY THE 2ND OF MAY, 2018

LOCATION OF INTERVIEW: SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL

TIME COMMENCED: 10:15 AM

Detective Brandon: Good morning doctor. How are you?

Dr. Patrick: Well, thank you. Can I ask what this is all about?

Detective Brandon: Well, as I'm sure you know, Vivian Coates' daughter, Caitlyn, went missing several weeks ago and it looks like we're looking at a potential homicide.

Dr. Patrick: Oh, how terrible.

Detective Brandon: I'm surprised you didn't see it on the news or that Vivian didn't mention anything.

Dr. Patrick: I'm a very busy man. I have little time in my schedule for watching television or reading anything other than scholarly journals and Vivian is a very private woman. She's not the type to burden me with things going on in her personal life. Obviously, I knew about the disappearance, but I haven't heard much since then.

Detective Brandon: Well at least one person is ignoring the tabloid trash surrounding this case.

Dr. Patrick: So what exactly does all of this have to do with me?

Detective Brandon: Nothing really, just thought you might be able to fill in a couple holes in our investigation. The night before Caitlyn went missing, her mother said she was working late for you, but records indicate that she wasn't scheduled to work late that evening.

Dr. Patrick: Vivian is a very dedicated employee. She doesn't stay late because the schedule tells her to. She stays until the job is done.

Detective Brandon: What was she doing for you that evening?

Dr. Patrick: I can't say for sure, like you said, it was a couple weeks ago. But most likely, she was typing up notes. You wouldn't believe the amount of information a doctor has to document at the end of each day. And filing paperwork, I'm sure.

Detective Brandon: How long has she worked for you?

Dr. Patrick: Oh, a very long time. I couldn't tell you exactly.

Detective Brandon: Is she a good employee?

Dr. Patrick: Very much so.

Detective Brandon: Did you know her daughter, Caitlyn?

Dr. Patrick: Not really.

Detective Brandon: We were told that she spent a great deal of time in your office.

Dr. Patrick: I'm sure I was too busy to notice, or not in my office at the time. I spend a good portion of my day in surgery or in meetings. I'm on several boards, both here at the hospital and outside of work. If Caitlyn was here, I would assume she was visiting her mother.

Detective Brandon: But you never had any interactions with her?

Dr. Patrick: None that I can recall.

Detective Brandon: How long did she intern at the hospital?

Dr. Patrick: I'm sorry detective, but these are questions I really don't know the answers to, and I don't have a lot of time to be making assumptions about what Caitlyn was doing here at the hospital. You'd have to contact the department she worked for, or HR. I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much help to you. I can't seem to locate my cards right now, but let me write down my contact info and if a specific question comes up that you think pertains to me, then please feel free to call. I'll give you the name and number my other administrative assistant and she can get your message to me. Please don't contact Vivian. I'd hate to upset her more.

Detective Brandon: Of course not. I understand.

Dr. Patrick: Now, I really do have to be going. I have surgery in less than an hour.

Detective Brandon: Thank you for your time doctor.

END OF INTERVIEW

TIME CONCLUDED: 10:28 AM