Dr. Patrick Follow-Up Interview

TRANSCRIPT OF TAPED INTERVIEW BETWEEN DETECTIVE BRANDON AND DR. TERRY PATRICK ON MONDAY THE 7TH OF MAY, 2018

LOCATION OF INTERVIEW: SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL

TIME COMMENCED: 12:45 PM

Detective Brandon: I appreciate you meeting with me again, Dr. Patrick.

Dr. Patrick: Yes, well, make it quick. Time is not something I have a lot of.

Detective Brandon: All right then, I'll get straight to the point.

Dr. Patrick: Please do.

Detective Brandon: Last time we spoke, you said you didn't really know Caitlyn Coates, correct?

Dr. Patrick: Forgive me detective, but I can't recall my exact words. I'm a very busy...

Detective Brandon: Man. I know. You like to use that excuse a lot, don't you?

Dr. Patrick: What is it you want detective?

Detective Brandon: I want to know if you knew Caitlyn Coates? Did you ever spend time with her? Did she do any sort of intern work for you?

Dr. Patrick: As I recall, she came by the office a few times. She was interested in my work. Had a lot of questions.

Detective Brandon: Why didn't you tell me that when we first spoke?

Dr. Patrick: I didn't think her inquiring about my occupation was pertinent to your investigation. 

Detective Brandon: How about you let me decide what's pertinent and what's not to the investigation. What sort of questions did she ask you?

Dr. Patrick: All sorts of different things. She was interested in becoming a surgeon. 

Detective Brandon: Is that why you spent time alone with her in your office, you were trying to help her achieve her dream of becoming a surgeon?

Dr. Patrick: What are you talking about?

Detective Brandon: We have video surveillance showing her entering your office quite a few times.

Dr. Patrick: So?

Detective Brandon: So, it appears you've been lying. Is there anything else you want to tell me before I discover it on my own?

Dr. Patrick: You really won't let this rest, will you? Don't you think her family has been through enough?

Detective Brandon: I think her family deserves the truth, however horrible that may be. Spending a lifetime living in limbo, wondering what happened to their daughter, is an absolutely torturous way to go through life. So doctor, do you know something about Caitlyn that you'd care to share?

Dr. Patrick: If you're insistent on going down this road then yes, there is something I know. I held back before because I didn't want to hurt Caitlyn's family. Vivian has worked for me for a very long time, but it seems you're adamant on opening up Pandora's box.

Detective Brandon: If it'll help find Caitlyn...

Dr. Patrick:
Well, in that case, you should know that Caitlyn had a drug problem. 

Detective Brandon: A drug problem?

Dr. Patrick: Yes. I caught her stealing pain medication when she interned here during her sophomore year.