12 | Extendable Ears

That morning was the first one in a while when Y/n entered the Great Hall on her own, which felt weird to her. She scanned the room, noticing the twins and Lee sitting on their usual places, a free one on Fred's right side. She walked over to them, though quite unsure, since they hadn't waited for her in the common room like they usually do.

Their conversation stopped when she sat down, all three boys looking at her. ''I'm sorry for yesterday. It was a stupid thing to get mad over.'' She glanced at the twins, who in turn glanced at each other.

Fred wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. ''It's fine, love. Besides, we were never mad.''

''And we're sorry, too,'' George added for his brother.

After that, it was as if nothing had happened. The four were the loudest people in the Hall, cracking jokes and laughing while enjoying their breakfast. Y/n looked away from her friends when she noticed Alastor Moody enter the Great Hall. He took a sip of his flask, his fake, big eye looking around frantically, as if checking if someone's watching him. Y/n looked away when they made eye contact.

- - -

Later that day, Y/n decided to hand out with Fleur again, which led to the two of them sitting in the courtyard, since Fleur found it pretty there. It was getting chilly and would snow soon, considering it was the beginning of November, though Y/n didn't really mind sitting outside.

What she did mind, though, were the badges the Slytherin had invented. The words 'SUPPORT DIGGORY' and such were on them, though they were bewitched to change into 'POTTER STINKS', which everyone found very funny, apparently.

Y/n had had enough of everyone making fun of Harry for that, so she took out her wand and muttered a quite spell, causing all badges to change to 'I STINK'. Fleur giggled when she noticed what Y/n had done and the two watched as people started realizing that the badges were now different. Some people tried taking them off, though Y/n's jinx was too strong for them to remove.

Harry had seen the original badges and the ones Y/n had changed. He threw her a thankful smile from where he stood not too far from the two girls, then continued on his way.

Fleur and her watched as Harry and Draco Malfoy had a disagreement. When Draco took his wand out to aim it at Harry's back, Moody appeared and turned the Slytherin in to a ferred, trying to 'teach him a lesson'. Y/n wasn't sure if it would really teach Malfoy a less, but she enjoyed the sight nonetheless.

Only when McGonagall finally appeared did Y/n remember she was supposed to meet the twins in their room. She excused herself from Fleur and swung her bag over her shoulder, rushing inside the castle and to the common room.

''Y/n! Where have you been?'' Fred, who'd opened the door, asked when Y/n made it to the room. She was out of breath when she entered, signaling him to wait a second.

''Sorry, I was hanging out with Fleur,'' Y/n said once she'd calmed down.

''Fleur?'' George looked up. ''As in Fleur Delacour? The French Fleur Delacour? The Champion Fleur-''

''Yes, the very same,'' Y/n cut him off, putting her bag on the ground, then sitting on Fred's bed. Fred brought out a pair of ears, which caused Y/n's eyes to widen. ''Who's ears have you cut off?''

''No one's,'' George looked at Fred. ''Yet.''

''Those are for eavesdropping,'' Fred said, handing them to the girl. ''We pondered over your idea to make something to overhear other people's conversations and this is the result.''

''That's a rather creepy result,'' Y/n said as she touched the flesh-like ears. ''They seem so real.''

''We did try our best, you know,'' George said.