27 | The First Proclamation

Fred and George had to pass by Umbridge's office on their way back to Gryffindor Tower after their detention with McGonagall. They were surprised to see a small crowd in front of it, watching as Flich was nailing a frame to the wall. The two got closer and read what it says.

PROCLAMATION

EDUCATIONAL DEGREE

NUMBER 1

FORBIDDEN POSSESION

OF A SPELL CHECK QUILL

The twins shared a look before continuing on their way towards the common room, where Y/n was supposed to wait for them. Y/n was already in their dorm when they arrived, sitting on Fred's bed and talking with Lee.

Fred dramatically flung himself on the bed, crawling up to his girlfriend and laying between her legs once again. Y/n laughed and her hands immediately found their way to his hair. ''Was the detention that bad?''

''We barely did anything, actually,'' George admitted as he flopped on his own bed. ''Old McGonagall really did enjoy the prank.''

''You guys are making me feel so single right now,'' Lee commented, his eyes glued on the couple.

''Not our fault you two don't have girlfriends,'' Fred shrugged.

''Anyway, did you guys see the proclamation thing?'' George spoke, causing Y/n to raise an eyebrow.

''Yeah. Hermione told me that Parvati told her that Padma told her that a second year Ravenclaw girl was caught using one and Umbridge caught her and she got punished, then Umbridge put this thing up.'' Y/n explained.

The three boys blinked. ''Damn.''

''I have the feeling this won't be a one time thing,'' Fred commented, rubbing circles with his thumb on Y/n's thigh.

''Yeah, me too.'' she said.

- - -

It was the official Quidditch try-outs, but the twins didn't seem very worried about them. Angelina was captain this year, which meant they already had their spots guaranteed. They only needed one more player, which was the Keeper. Everyone else was in an excellent shape and ready to play.

Y/n was going to go watch the try-outs, so she was walking down to the Quidditch Pitch along with the twins. She held hands with Fred, the boy swinging their arms around playfully, while holding his broom with his other hand.

''Okay, I don't understand,'' Fred said, causing Y/n to look up at him. ''You're great at Quidditch, yet you never tried out. Why not now?''

''You already have three perfectly great chasers,'' Y/n told him. ''But if you do need another chaser, do tell Angelina to ring me up. Besides, I love watching you play.''

''Aw, love,'' Fred smiled and pulled her in, pressing his lips against hers.

''You two are cute and everything, but you need to stop being so affectionate in front of me!'' George complained, causing the two to pull away. ''There should be a limit! I tolerate you two enough!'' He walked ahead, muttering something Y/n understood as 'you guys are disgusting sometimes'.

''I'm starting to feel bad about George,'' Y/n admitted.

''He'll grow a pair soon enough and ask Angie out,'' Fred reassured her. ''They already went to the Yule Ball together, so that's something.''

''You two do realize I can hear you, right?'' George said, causing both Y/n and Fred to laugh.

''Sorry, George.''

Upon arriving in front of the changing rooms, they noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione standing near it, both Harry and Ron clutching brooms in their hands. "Are you trying out for the team, Ronnikins?" Fred let go of Y/n's hand and went to lean on his younger brother's shoulder, his twin doing the same.

''Yeah,'' Ron said quite nervously.

''Aw, that's sweet,'' George spoke, slightly sarcastically.

''You guys are so discouraging,'' Y/n said upon noticing Ron's face. ''You'll do great, Ron. I've seen you play plenty of times. Don't let these two idiots get to you.''

Ron gave the older girl a small smile and a nod. ''Okay. Thanks, Y/n.'' Him and Harry headed towards the changing rooms, whilst Fred and George rolled their eyes at Y/n. It did feel nice to Fred that Y/n got along with his family, though. It made him feel like she's the one even more.

Fred gave her a quick kiss before following his brother in the hut. Hermione and Y/n headed up to the strands, finding a seat so they can watch the try-outs. They went smoothly for the most part, Hermione having to help Ron a bit at one point, but that won him the place in the team.

Y/n met Fred back in front of the hut, watching as George ran off to catch up to Angelina. She laughed at his antics and grabbed her boyfriend's hand again, the two making their way up to the castle as well.

''Tomorrow's Hogsmade day,'' Fred reminded her. ''Want to have a half a day date?''

''Half a day?'' Y/n cocked an eyebrow as she looked up at him.

"Well, yeah, George's probably going to interrupt and say he's lonely so it'll end up as half a day date anyway.'' Fred shrugged, causing Y/n to laugh.

"Alright, we'll have half a day date,'' Y/n said and stopped him, wrapping her arms around his torso. Fred smiled and wrapped his arms around her frame as well, hugging her tight.

"I love you so much, love,'' Fred said, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you so much too, Freddie," Y/n said, burying her head in his sweater. She sniffed him, grimacing at the smell.

"Freddie?"

"Yes, love?"

"You smell like sweat, you should take a shower."

"Way to ruin the moment."

"No, seriously, go take a shower or else I'm sleeping in my room."

"Jeez, okay, let's go."