30 | Quidditch Ban

''Captains, shake hands,'' Madame Hooch, the referee, ordered. Angelina and the new Slytherin Captain, Montague, shook hands. ''Mount your brooms . . .'' Madame Hooch places her whistle in her mouth and blew. Once the Quaffle was in the air, Angelina caught it and sped away.

''And it's Johnson - Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me-''

''JORDAN!'' yelled Professor McGongall.

''- just a fun fact Professor, adds a bit of interest - and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's - ouch - been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe . . . Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and - nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse - passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away -''

Y/n sat along with Hermione and Ginny as the three of them watched the game unfold. The Slytherings could be heard singing something, though no one really paid them any mind. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff cheered for Gryffindor, too, like usual.

'- dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger - close call Alicia - and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?'' And as Lee paused to listen, the Slytherins sang louder and louder.

'Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King!

'Weasley was born in a bin
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley will make sure we win
Weasley is our King!

Lee resumed his commenting, Alicia almost scored, Harry got distracted, the Slytherins kept on singing the disgusting song, probably distracting and making Ron more nervous. At the end Harry did catch the Snitch and Gryffindor won.

Y/n was halfway down to the pitch when Lee'd announced Gryffindor had won. She noticed that Draco Malfoy had made his way down and was standing in front of Harry. The rest of the team, except for Ron, had made their way over to Harry, cheering and yelling.

''We wanted to write another couple of verses!'' Malfoy said as Katie and Alicia hugged Harry. ''But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see -''

''Talk about sour grapes,'' said Angelina, casting Malfoy a nasty look.

Y/n made her way over to Fred, who seemed to tense up at Malfoy's words. She put a hand on his chest, grabbing one of his own hands in her own. He knew she was there, but he couldn't bring himself to look away from Malfoy, his glare towards the boy soul-piercing.

''-we couldn't fit useless loser either – for his father-'' Fred and George realized what Malfoy was talking about.

''Leave it!'' Angelina said, grabbing Fred's arm on the other side, as he was most likely to jump on Malfoy any second. ''Leave it, Fred, let him yell, he's just sore he lost, the jumped - up little -''

''- but you like the Weasley's, don't you, Potter?'' Malfoy sneered. ''Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles, even the Weasley's hovel smells okay -''

Harry and Katie grabbed George, while Alicia, Angelina and Y/n were holding onto Fred, as both of them were about to jump on the laughing boy. ''Malfoy, I think that's enough.'' Y/n commented, sending him a sharp glare.

''Don't tell me what to do, you filthy Mudblood.''

Fred managed to rip himself out of their arms and so did George. Harry charged in after and the five girls screamed. Every teacher and student could see what was happening, including Umbridge, and Y/n didn't think that would end well.

''DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER THAT YOU PIECE OF SCUM!'' Fred yelled as he punched Malfoy right across the face. George swore as he also landed a punch, so did Harry.

''WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!'' Madame Hooch screamed as she threw hexes at each of the boys, sending them flying backwards and away from the whimpering Malfoy, who was curled in a ball on the ground. Y/n rushed over to Fred, helping him sit up, at which the boy groaned.

''Are you okay?'' Y/n asked, her voice laced with worry.

''Fine.'' Fred nodded. ''Are you?''

''Fred, you're the one who just jumped on Malfoy!'' Y/n said, but before he could answer, Madame Hooch yelled furiously.

''I've never seen behavior like it - back up to the castle, all three of you, and straight to your Head of House's office! Go! Now!'' she yelled.

Y/n helped Fred up and tried to go with him, but Madame Hooch stopped her. ''Not you, L/n, only the three of them,'' she told her sternly. Y/n looked at Fred, who gave her a reassuring smile and a nod. She let go of his hand with hesitation, letting him follow George and Harry, then turned back to look at Alicia, Angelina and Katie.

''What the hell just happened?''

- - -

''Banned.'' Angelina said in a hollow voice. ''Banned. No Seeker and no Beaters . . . what on earth are we going to do?''

Fred, George and Harry had come back to the common room later that evening and had explained to everyone what had happened. Y/n sat with the Quidditch team, except Ron, and along with Ginny and Hermione, holding Fred's hand tightly.

''Um . . . I know now's not the time, but . . .'' Katie spoke after a moment of silence and everyone looked at her. ''My parents . . . they noticed my grades slipping and . . . they forbit me to play Quidditch for the rest of the year.''

Angelina's mouth practically hit the floor. ''What?'' Katie looked away guiltily, but didn't comment.

''Great! Just great! That means more than half the team is missing!'' Angelina stood up, pacing around. ''Now we need a new Seeker, two Beaters and a Chaser!''

''Well, Y/n could play a Chaser . . .'' Fred suggested quietly. He was too scared to speak up, seeing as Angelina could just Avada Kedavra someone at this very moment.

Angelina spun to look at Y/n, her eyes filled with hope. ''Of course! Y/n, you're a great Chaser! You have to join the team!''

Y/n shifted uncomfortably. ''I don't know Angie, I'm not nearly as good as Katie-''

''Oh, nonsense! I've seen you play, c'mon Y/n, you can't leave us like this!'' Angelina said, taking a hold of Y/n's hands and squeezing them tightly.

The girl sighed. ''Alright, I'll join, but don't blame me if I suck.''

''Great! So we're back at the original problem - our Seeker and Beaters,'' the Captain said. Angelina seated herself down again, everyone thinking of a solution. ''I'm going to bed,'' said Angelina. ''Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find out it was all a bad dream and we haven't played yet.'' With that she, Alicia and Katie bade goodbye and walked to the dorms.

Ginny left not too long after, and Fred and George decided they'd go to bed as well, Fred asking Y/n to sleep with him tonight. They entered the room and Y/n used their bathroom to change in some night clothes, while they changed in the room. Lee was already fast asleep.

Fred and Y/n laid in bed quietly for a while, until she finally spoke. ''You shouldn't have jumped on Malfoy.''

''But he called you a - a -''

''I know what he called me, but it doesn't matter,'' Y/n said. ''I feel like you got banned from Quidditch because of me.''

He tilted her chin to look up at him, even though it was dark and she couldn't really see, but she didn't mention that. ''Don't feel bad about it, love. I don't regret a thing I did, I got to protect you, after all.'' Fred said sweetly.

She smiled, but he probably couldn't see. ''I can't help it, though,'' Y/n told him. ''I just hope everything will be okay soon.''

He ran a hand through her hair, placing a kiss on her forehead. ''Yeah, me too.''