29 | Dumbledore's Army

''It's bizarre,'' Fred commented, looking around the room. ''We once hid from Filch in here, remember, George, Y/n? But it was just a broom cupboard then.'' The two nodded, remembering the great memory. It seemed so long ago.

Neville had found the Room of Requerment - a room that appears when one needs it – and it had decided to use it for the meetings, which Y/n found to be a great idea. She looked at the books on the shelves. There were the Defence Against the Dark Arts books years one to seven, a book called Jinxes for the Jinxed - even Gilderoy Lockhart's books were here. It was the perfect classroom.

Harry spoke, grabbing everyone's attention. ''Well, I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and-'' he cut himself off when he saw a raised hand. ''Yes, Hermione?''

''I think we ought ot elect a leader,'' she said.

''Harry's our leader,'' Cho Chang answered at once.

''Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly. It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So - everyone who thinks Harry should be our leader?'' Hermione asked and everyone in the room rose their hands, though some did with hesitation.

''Er - right, thanks.'' Harry's cheeks were red, which caused Y/n to laugh quietly. ''And - what, Hermione?''

''I also think we ought to have a name.'' she said brightly, her hand still in the air. ''It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity don't you think?''

''Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?'' Angelina suggested.

''Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?'' said Fred.

''I was thinking more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings.'' Hermione explained.

''The Defence Association?'' Cho suggested. ''The DA's for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about?''

''Yeah, the DA's good,'' said Ginny. ''Only, let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, right?'

There were murmurs around the room before Hermione spoke. ''All in favor for the DA?'' she asked and everyone put their hands up. ''That's a majority - motion passed!'' Hermione took out the parchment we all had to sign and wrote Dumbledore's Army on top, then pinned it to the wall.

''Right,'' said Harry. ''shall we get practicing, then? I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic bit I've found it really useful-''

''Oh, please, I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?'' Zacharias Smith commented.

''I've used it against him. It saved my life last June.'' Harry commented. Smith didn't say anything. ''But if you think it's beneat you, you can leave.'' Harry beconed him. Smith didn't leave.

''Okay, I reckon we should all devide into pairs and practice.'' Harry said and everyone did as told.

Y/n decided to let Fred partner up with his brother, so she asked Lee to be her partner. The two faced each other, both of their wands at the ready. Lee started counting down from three, each of them ready to attack. ''Expelliarmus!'' Y/n called as she pointed her wand at Lee before the boy can even try to react.

The wand flew out of Lee's hand, hitting George, who'd been standing near, across the face. ''Oi, what the blood hell?''

''Sorry, George!'' Y/n apologized.

''No worries,'' he said, picking up the wand and tossing it back to Lee.

They continued practicing, trying to deflect it a few times as well. When they realized they were pretty good at the spell already they stopped practicing, the twins approaching them. ''Wanna have some fun?'' they asked. Lee and Y/n shared a look before shrugging.

Fred pointed at Zacharius Smith, who was pointing his wand at his partner, Anthony Goldstein. Fred raised his own wand and pointed it at Smith.''Expelliarmus!'' Fred almost whispered and Smith's wand flew our of his hand.

He was confused, Smith was. He looked around, then accusingly at Goldstein. ''How were you so fast?'' he asked.

Goldstein put his hands up in surrender. ''Wasn't me, mate.''

Smith picked up his wand again. Before he could do anything, though, George repeated Fred's motions and Smith's wand flew out of his hand again, causing the four to laugh. Smith looked at Goldstein again, still suspecting him again, but didn't say anything.

''Oh, oh, let me try!'' Y/n said and pointed her own wand at Smith. ''Expelliarmus!''

Smith's wand flew out of his hand and he was getting frustrated. ''What's happening?!''

The four of them laughed again, but Fred stopped. He nudged Y/n's arm, telling her to look behind. George and Lee shut up and turned as well. Harry was there, looking at them with his eyebrow raised.

''Sorry, Harry,'' George spoke. ''Couldn't resist.''

The lesson went faster than expected. Before they knew it, Harry had gathered them all again. ''Well, that was pretty well,'' Harry told us. ''But we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?''

''Sooner!'' Dean Thomas said and a lot of people, including the twins, Lee and Y/n, agreed with him.

''The Quidditch season's about to start, we need team practices too!'' Angelina reminded.

''Let's say next Wednesday night, then.'' Harry told us. ''We can decide on additional meetings then. Come on, we'd better get going.''

The group of four had to wait until it was their turn to leave for the common room. Once they did, they didn't speak until they made it back. ''Well, that went well,'' Y/n said as she stretched.

''Good thing Angie's in the DA too, otherwise it would've been hard with Quidditch and all.'' Fred commented.

''Well, I'm beat.'' Y/n yawned. ''See you guys tomorrow.'' With that, they parted to head to their dorms. Before Y/n could enter the girl's dormitories, though, Fred grabbed her arm and pulled her to himself, pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

''Sleep well, love.''