16 | Detention

Y/n walked down the hallway and towards Gryffindor Tower after a lesson of Herbology. Her quill glided over the parchment as she fixed her notes from the class. A loud boom came from behind her and she jumped slightly, turning around.

Two familiar laughs rang through the corridor. Fred and George appeared from behind the corner, followed by a yell. ''FREDERIK AND GEORGE WEASLEY! DETENTION!'' McGonagall's voice boomed, though it only caused the twins to laugh louder.

Fred noticed the girl on the way, scooping her up in his arms when he passed her. ''Hiya, love.''

Clutching her books tightly to her chest, Y/n protested. ''Frederik Weasley, what the hell are you doing? Put me down!''

''Do you want to get hexed by McGonagall?'' Fred asked, sparing her a glance before focusing back on the way.

''The only hexed ones would be you two!'' Y/n said with annoyance, though she did feel the butterflies in her stomach.

The three arrived at the portrait and Fred put Y/n down. She forced her books in his arms as she fixed her robes, though he refused to give them back. George told the Fat Lady the password and the three entered the – mostly – empty common room.

''What did you two do to McGonagall?'' Y/n asked as she plopped down on the couch in the common room, the twins following suit.

''We were bored and threw a few dung bombs in her classroom,'' George admitted.

''Godric.'' Y/n shook her head. Fred, in the meantime, picked up her Herbology notes and observed them.

''I'm glad I don't have Hebology anymore, this seems useless,'' Fred said, handing Y/n her books back.

''It's not useless, it might come in handy. Better safe than sorry, you know?'' Y/n said and got up, holding her books to her chest again, then started heading towards the staircase.

''Where're you going?'' Fred asked as he followed her with his eyes.

''Unlike you two, I have other classes to get to,'' Y/n informed them. ''See you guys later!''

Fred sighed in content, leaning against his brother. ''She's so smart.'' George flicked his brother's forehead, causing Fred to groan.

- - -

Fred and George, as expected, were thrown in detention the next day. That left Y/n on her own for the day, having to find someone to hang out with. She noticed Fleur sitting in the courtyard, gazing out at the Black Lake. Y/n went up to her and sat down, giving a greeting.

'''Ello, Y/n,'' Fleur greeted back in her accent. The two talked about anything and everything for a while, until Fleur asked, ''So, 'ow are zings with zat weasel boy?''

''Fred Weasley?'' Fleur nodded her head. ''I'm not very sure myself. I'm pretty sure he likes me back, but he hasn't said anything yet, so I don't know. He most likely knows that I like him, too, but he hasn't asked me out or anything, even though we kind of behave like a couple, so I'm starting to question his feelings.''

''Y/n, zat boy is in love with you! Everybody can see it!'' Fleur exclaimed. '''E will ask you, I'm sure of it. You just 'ave to wait!"'

''Thanks, Fleur.'' Y/n smiled.

''By ze way, 'e and 'is brother are rather 'andsome,'' Fleur admitted. ''Do zey 'appen to 'ave an older brother as well?''

Y/n laughed. ''They do, actually. There's Bill, who's the oldest. He works at Gringotts. Then there's Charlie, second oldest, and he works with dragons. Both of them are really cool. The third one is Percy, who works in the Ministry, though he's sort of a kill-joy most of the time.''

''Zat Bill guy works at Gringotts? I was planning to go zere when I graduate,'' Fleur said. ''Maybe I'll meet 'im.''

Y/n shrugged. ''Maybe you will.''

The two talked until her friends came over and whisked her away. Y/n then decided to stroll around the grounds, noticing Harry standing at the bridge, leaning on the railing. She walked over to him, resting her arms next to his. ''So, did you figure the egg out?'' He shook his head no. ''Harry, the task is in two days!''

''I know, you don't have to scold me as well! Hermione's already done that,'' Harry complained. ''Besides, you're supposed to be the big sister, not the mother.''

Y/n's heart warmed at his words. ''Aw, Harold.'' She wrapped him in a hug, messing up his already pretty messed up hair.

''No!'' Harry protested, trying to swat her hands away. ''Don't touch the hair!''

''Your hair is always a mess anyway!''

Someone cleared their throat, causing the two to stop and turn towards them. Cedric stood there, his yellow Hufflepuff scarf wrapped around his neck. Y/n could see Cho Chang standing not too far behind him, eyeing Y/n up and down. It seemed as if she was even glaring at the Gryffindor.

''Hello, Harry . . . Y/n.''

''Hi, Cedric,'' Y/n said, to which he only nodded.

He shifted his gaze to Harry. ''Have you figured out the egg?''

Harry shook his head. ''No, not yet.''

''I suggest taking a bath, then. Preferably in the Prefects bathroom,'' Cedric said. ''Just take the egg and . . . think.'' Cedric looked up at Y/n, seemingly wanting to say something, but he didn't. Instead, he turned around and walked back to Cho, the two of them walked away.

''A bath in the Prefects bathroom?'' Harry turned back to look at Y/n.

'If he's suggesting it, it's probably going to work. It's Cedric, he wouldn't trip you,'' Y/n reasoned.

Harry nodded in agreemed. ''You're right. Besides, I think he's returning the favor, since I told him about the dragons.''

''Maybe.'' Y/n nodded. ''I have a key for the bathroom. I can give it to you and you have to go there tonight, okay? You don't have time.''

On the way to the common room, Y/n decided to ask Harry about Cho's glare. ''Well, she is Cedric's girlfriend now, but it's common knowledge he used to fancy you. I'm pretty sure he still does.'' Harry explained.

''So that's why he was so disappointed when I told him I was already going with Fred to the ball when he asked me to be his date.'' Y/n thougth out loud.

''Cedric asked you out?'' Harry questioned. ''Good thing Fred doesn't know - he would've jumped on Cedric probably. But everybody, including Cedric, know that you and Fred have a thing going on. There are bets going on around about you two - he better ask you soon or Ron would loose a lot of money.'' Harry laughed at Y/n's embarrassed state.

-          - -

The common room was unsurprisingly silent, as it was really late. Y/n had sent Harry off to the Prefects bathroom. She'd given him the key and decided to way for him to come back to make sure Harry had figured out the task. Fred and George weren't back either, and she was starting to wonder if McGonagall had made them clean to death.

As if on cue, the entrance to the common room opened and the twins stumbled in. Both of them looked exhausted, causing Y/n to snicker. The three greeted each other and George made his way up to his dorm, whilst Fred crashed on the couch, resting his head on Y/n's lap.

''Never pranking McGonagall again,'' Fred said, hugging her hips and making himself comfortable.

''I wasn't expecting any less,'' Y/n said, running her hand through Fred's wild, fiery locks, lulling the boy to sleep.