37 | Valentine's Day

Y/n entered the common room, laughing at a joke Fred had told her, the boy being right behind her. The two had just returned from Valentine's Day date at Hogsmade, seeing the common room fairly empty since dinner was still ongoing. Both of them had eaten at Hogsmade, so they made their way up to Fred's dorm so they can have privacy.

Fred locked the door behind the two, causing Y/n to raise an eyebrow in confusion. ''How're George and Lee going to come in?''

''They aren't coming,'' Fred said, wrapping his arms around her waist. ''They're sleeping in Harry and Ron's room.''

''Why?'' Y/n asked as her arms sneaked around his neck.

''So we can have the night for ourselves,'' Fred confessed.

A dark blush coated Y/n's cheeks. ''Do you want to . . .?''

It took Fred a second to realize what she meant and when he did, his cheeks were rivaling his hair in color. ''I . . . I wasn't planning us to-'' he shook his head in embarrassment. ''Not that I want to! I just, I don't know if both of us are ready and everything, but if you want-''

''Freddie!'' Y/n called, cutting his rambling off. He looked her dead in the eye as she put a hand on his cheek, trying to calm him down. ''It's okay. To be honest, I don't think I'm ready to see your other magic wand quite yet.''

His whole face, ears and neck were covered in blush, making him seem as if he's about to pass out. In the seven years Y/n had known Fred Weasley, she had never seen him in such state. She couldn't judge him, since she was just as red, though that didn't stop her from giggling at him.

''I can't believe you just said that,'' Fred said, shaking his head. He was just thankful he was the only one who'd heard her words.

Y/n tried her best to calm down her laughing. ''I'm . . . I'm sorry, but . . . but your face!'' She clutched her stomach from so much laughing.

''So funny,'' Fred rolled his eyes, though a small smile did make its way on his lips. ''Why did I fall for you again?''

''Because,'' Y/n spoke, having finally stopped laughing. ''I'm brilliant in all aspects!''

''Except jokes, that is,'' Fred said, causing Y/n to punch his shoulder playfully, but laugh again.

''You aren't much better, you know,'' she said, rolling her eyes playfully.

''You were singing a different song a few minutes ago,'' Fred teaser. ''Besides, I'm one of the Prank Kings, you can't say I'm bad at jokes!''

''Whatever.''

Fred chuckled and let go of her, walking over to his trunk. Y/n looked at him in curiosity, checking out the small device he brought out – an MP3 player. How had Fred managed to smuggle an MP3 player to Hogwarts? Does it even work?

''Where did you get this?'' Y/n asked as Fred turned back to her.

''It's Hermione's, she lent it to me,'' Fred said as he held up the red device. ''She also helped me to . . . how do you call it again . . . uh, 'download' some songs. Is that how you call it?''

''Yeah,'' Y/n spoke in astonishment, not believing Fred would do something like that. Then again, it is Fred, you can expect the unexpected from him at any moment.

He took out a pair of earphones, them being a tangled mess. Fred looked up at Y/n in horror upon seeing their state, but the girl merely laughed and took them from him. It took a minute, but she managed to untangle them before handing them back to Fred. He plugged them in, then handed one of the buds to her. Each of them put one in their ear, then Fred pressed the 'play' button.

Y/n stood dazed as a familiar song boomed through one of the earphones. The one they'd danced to at that party last year, when Harry had won the first task. ''Do you like it?''

''I love it,'' Y/n confessed. ''How did you know about this song?''

''From last year, at the party. You said it's one of your favorites,'' Fred said. ''I had to ask Hermione for help for the rest, though.'' Fred looked down guiltily, confusing Y/n?

''Why the gloomy face?'' she asked, taking his free hand in his.

''I feel bad for now knowing your favorite songs,'' Fred admitted.

Y/n felt her heart swell at how sweet he was being. ''Aw, Freddie, I don't expect you to know what songs I like! Just knowing my favorite song is more than enough for me. Thank you.'' She pressed a kiss to his lips, causing the boy to smile.

Fred's cheeks were red again when they pulled apart, the smile still remaining. She rarely sees Fred's shy side, but when she does, it's the most adorable thing for her.

''So, want to dance?'' Fred asked, wrapping his arms around her waist and trying to sway them.

''I do, but that's not how you dance to this kind of a song,'' Y/n told him and took his hands off her waist, looking at his trunk. ''Do you have a speaker for it?''

''I think so,'' Fred said, even though it sounded more like a question than a statement. He approached his trunk again, then brought out a white speaker.

''It's on batteries, too!'' Y/n exclaimed, happy to not have to look for a plug. She connected the MP3 player to it, the music started coming out of the speakers. Fred simply stared at it in fascination, never before seeing something similar. His father would surely be really interested in this muggle invention.

Y/n took her wand out, waving it and chanting 'Quetus' to silence the room so no one on the outside would hear them. She played the song from the start, then turned to Fred. ''Let's dance!''

- - -

Fred and Y/n laid on his bed later that night, tired from the long day filled with laughter, happiness, love and dancing. She was laying on his chest, whilst he ran his hand through her hair. It was late, both of them deciding to call it a night, yet neither of them was yet asleep.

''You know, love,'' Fred started, causing Y/n to look up at him. ''I still can't believe you called my dick a magic wand.''

''Oh, shut up, Weasley.''