50 | Parents

Fred squeezed her hand as they stood in front of Y/n's childhood home, her anxiousness growing bigger by the second. She wasn't sure how her parents would react to her request. Would they be mad at her for asking such a thing out of them? Would they understand why she was asking in the first place? Would they even go away for her sake? Million thoughts ran through her head as they waited for the door to be opened.

''Y/n, it's so nice to see you!'' M/n exclaimed upon seeing her daughter when she opened. ''And you've brought Fred along! Hello, dear.''

''Hello, Mrs. L/n,'' Fred greeted back.

''You should've told me you were coming,'' M/n said, looking back at her daughter. ''I could've prepared something to eat.''

Y/n shook her head. ''You don't need to, Mum, it's fine. Is Dad home?''

She probably noticed Y/n's serious tone, because her positive mood faltered. ''He's in the kitchen. I'll call him and make some tea.''

The four of them were soon sitting around the dining table, each of them having a steaming cup of tea in front of them. ''You want to talk about something, don't you?'' D/n asked, looking at the two young adults.

Y/n nodded. ''Yes. It's important.''

''Are you pregnant?'' M/n blurted out and everyone looked at her in surprise.

Fred stiffen from next to Y/n as her eyes widened at her mother's question. ''What? No!'' she shook her head. ''It's something else.''

''What is it, then?'' M/n asked.

Letting out a sigh, Y/n continued. ''The situation in the Wizarding World is worsening,'' she confessed. ''Dumbledore has been killed and You-Know-Who is gaining more power.''

Her parents shared a worried look. ''Are you guys alright?'' her mother asked, looking at both of them.

''We are, for the most part,'' Y/n answered. ''George lost an ear.''

M/n gasped. ''Is he alright?'' she asked, looking at Fred.

Her nodded. ''He's feeling better now. Been cracking ear jokes ever since the incident.''

The parents chucked at that. ''There's something else, though, isn't it?'' D/n asked. He could always read Y/n as an open book.

''Yes,'' she nodded, getting more nervous. ''Fred, the Weasleys, me and a lot of our friends are extremely involved in the fight against You-Know-Who. That's why I'm worried they might come after you and you won't be able to protect yourselves.''

''I have a gun,'' her father tried to reassure her.

''Yeah, well, they have wands and know multiple spells. A gun won't help you in that situation,'' Y/n explained. ''That's why . . . I wanted to ask you to move away - as far away as you can.''

''Y/n, we can't just move away like that! It's not as easy as you think,'' D/n tried to reason with his daughter.

''I know it's not, but we have to make it work,'' Y/n pushed the topic forward. ''You can talk with auntie and explain the situation to her, I'm sure she'll take you in.''

''She lives all the way in America!'' D/n reminded.

''Exactly why you should talk with her, she lives far enough for here. You'll be safe there and I won't have to worry about you,'' Y/n told them. ''Mum, Dad, please consider this. I just want you two to be safe.''

''Well, what about you? You'll have to stay here and be in danger,'' M/n finally spoke.

''I'll protect her,'' Fred stepped in the conversation. ''We can look after each other. Our world might be becoming more dangerous by the minute, but we have the power to protect ourselves.''

Fred looked at her father dead in the eye. ''I promised I'll protect her with my life and I intend to keep that promise.''

Y/n's heart leaped. He'd promised that? Was that what they'd talked about in the kitchen last summer? Why didn't Fred tell her?

D/n sighed. ''Alright. If it'll help you, we'll contact your aunt and ask her,'' he agreed, shifting his gaze to his daughter.

She gave a weak smile. ''Thank you.''

M/n made them stay for a bit more, then they excused themselves, saying they had to be back at the Burrow to help with the set up for the next day. As Y/n and Fred walked outside, hand in hand, she tugged on his hand, causing him to halt. Turning to her, he raised his eyebrow.

''Is everything okay, love?'' Fred asked. ''You seem distraught.''

''Yeah,'' Y/n nodded. ''I just wanted to thank you.''

''For what?''

''For helping me convince them,'' she said. ''And . . . for that promise you've made to my dad.''

Fred's cheeks became red. ''Oh, of course. That's what I'm here for. And to love you unconditionally, of course.'' A smile broke on his face. ''Come here.'' He opened his arms and hugged her tightly.

''I love you, love.''

''I love you, too, Freddie.''

The two stayed like that for a few moments in front of her childhood home, enjoying each other's presence. Y/n had the strong feeling that her parents were most likely peeping at them from one of the windows, but she didn't really care.

''Also, love . . . what's a gun?''