000 :::: prologue

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU SIGHED DREAMILY as you gazed a few seats down the Gryffindor table at James Potter, laughing and joking around with his many friends.

Lily hit you over the head.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" You asked, putting up a hand to massage your head and turning swiftly to face your best friend.

"You know, I think you've got a bit of a problem."

"What?"

"Y/N, be real with me for a second. You're totally in love with Potter."

You turned a deep shade of red.

"Am not!" You spluttered.

Lily raises her eyebrows at you.

"Ok, so maybe I have a teeny bit of a crush on him..."

Lily coughed and muttered something like, "biggest understatement of the century", but you tried to tune it out.

"Ok, maybe you're right. Maybe I am in love with him. Doesn't matter, though, he never notices me. He's always looking at you."

Lily ignored that last bit for the time being.

"I think you should do something about it. Like, I know you're too shy to talk to him, but how about you write a letter? A letter you'll never send, to keep you healthy with your Potter obsession." Lily suggested.

"That might work."

"And he's not always looking at me, it's you. You would never have guessed that you're a hopeless romantic, I know hundreds of boys who like you."

"Maybe it's both of us," you reasoned, "we're both pretty popular."

That wasn't a lie.

You both had loads of friends, but for some reason that no one can quite understand you've never talked to the four most popular boys: Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew (though clearly only because he hanged out with them), and of course, James Potter.

"You know what, Lily, I think I will." You said after a while.

"Pardon?"

"I think I will write a letter, and never ever EVER send it."

Lily smiled. "I'll get some parchment."

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱