013 :::: hot coco and a bucket full of answers

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

🥨💌🖇

YOU HAD BEEN snowed upon during your two hours being lost, resulting in you barely being able to walk. Your legs were actually frozen— and not "omg I'm frozen" frozen, like they were actually covered in snow and a little ice— and it took you all about twenty minutes to get out of the forest, Lily had been marking landmarks. Smart. There was a reason you weren't a Ravenclaw, after all.

As soon as you emerged from the forest, Remus, who had been sinking further and further into the snow, jumped up, running towards the figures like a niffler to pennies. He pushed past James, who had been cuddling up close to you to try to keep you warm, and embraced you in a tight hug. It was surprising, although everyone knew that the two were close they never realized just about how close. It actually made James a little jealous, but he would never admit that.

The group, huddling up for warmth and fear of loosing someone again, made their way inside, where Lily volunteered to make everyone a cup of hot coco even though she was freezing herself. On the couch, your teeth chattered as you snuggled up close to James and Remus, who were on either side of you, Sirius and Marlene on the outskirts.

"J—James," you finally said, "what in Merlin?"

Realizing that no one had any idea what you were saying, you clarified, "You're an unregistered animagus?!"

Marlene jumped back in her seat with shock. There was a clatter from the kitchen— Lily had spilt the coco. Sirius, Remus and James all gave each other a look.

"Er, possibly," Sirius said.

"I thought I was just imagining things..." Lily trailed from the kitchen, making her way towards you all with the coco and shaky hands, "I thought that without Y/N I was slowly loosing my sanity... Sirius is a... and James..."

Lily put down the tray of hot coco, everyone simultaneously leaning forward and snatching one with hands as cold as ice. You took a sip, feeling the warmth fill your body up like a milk jug.

"Two things, one, Lily makes an excellent hot coco," you stated, everyone nodding in agreement as Lily blushed— or maybe she was still cold? You couldn't tell. "And two, y'all are animagus'? Unregistered, animagus'?"

"James, what did you do?" Both boys said, turning to a guilty James.

"She was bound to find out sometime! And, er, a stag can take the cold better than I can." James defended.

"Bruh," Sirius said, "we are unregistered. Illegal. This could get out of control!"

"Illegal?! What were you thinking?!" Lily exclaimed.

"We weren't! We just wanted to help Remus because he's—" James caught himself, glancing nervously at Remus.

Remus took a deep breath, before announcing, "You guys can't tell anyone what's being discussed in here today. We're having a truthful day, for Y/N's sake. I'm... I'm a werewolf."