008 :::: school's out... for christmas

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

SCHOOL DID NOT, repeat, did not just 'breeze by'.

You were drowning in homework, barely understood what any of the professors were saying, and to top it all off, whenever any of the marauders were near you you couldn't concentrate.

After what felt like an eternity, Christmas break finally came. The second the bell rung, you bolted out of the potions classroom.

"Yo, Y/N, wait up!" James called, running after you.

You charged through the doors and stopped, taking it all in. You closed your eyes, took a deep breath, and shouted, "WE'RE FREE!" at the top of your lungs.

James laughed and wrapped an arm round you, "You're so fucking crazy," he laughed.

"That's what you like about me," you smirked.

"True that," said Sirius, coming on the other side of you and wrapping his arm around your other shoulder.

"Wouldn't recognize you without the crazy if I'm being honest," Lily chimed in.

"Neither you," Sirius smirked, wrapping his other arm around Lily while she rolled her eyes.

"Accio trunks," Remus called, waving his wand.

All of your trunks piled up in front of you.

"Whoo, can't believe we're actually doing this." Marlene said, standing beside Remus.

"Neither can I, but there's no way we're backing out now."

"Ready?" James asked.

"Ha! Never! But that's what this is all about." You smiled, and without further ado, you all left Hogwarts for Christmas break.

. . .

"This is taking forever," You complained, as the train rode to King's Cross station.

There was a bump in the track and your head fell onto James' shoulder, but you had no intention to lift it up. The day felt tiring.

You yawned and glanced at the others. Marlene and Remus were playing a card came, sat on the ground of the compartment. They balanced each other out well. Sirius was sleeping on Lily's shoulder while she read a book, stroking his hair every now and then. The two were perfect for each other.

You closed your eyes, head still resting on James' shoulder. He rested his own head on top of yours, and the two of you fell asleep instantly. You were made to be.

. . .

[ james' pov. ]

. . .

When he woke up, Y/N was still sleeping on his shoulder. He glanced at Remus, who shot him a knowing look. James looked over at Sirius— he was sleeping on Lily's shoulder.