006 :::: no such luck

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU AROSE FROM bed quietly, groaning as you realized how much work you had to do in so little time.

Trying to renter your dream, you closed your eyes tight and turned over on your side, but there was no such luck.

Yawning, you stumbled out of bed and rubbed your eyes, glancing around the empty room.

You had sworn you had heard someone, but maybe that was just your imagination.

Shrugging this off, you went to grab your bag and head off to the library, when you remembered you had no shoes on.

You grabbed your shoes from beside your bed and yanked open your sock drawer, causing a leaf of paper to float gracefully down to the floor.

Realizing what it was, you grabbed it and crumbled it into a ball, tossing it with no thought whatsoever back into your sock drawer.

"Where's my quill..." You trailed, searching the room before giving up. It was just one quill— your best quill albeit.

.   .   .

"Remmy, what did you get for question fourteen?"

You had gone to the library to find none other than Remus Lupin, deep within his own mountain of homework— which was getting noticeably smaller, whereas yours was still just about the same despite the both of you being in the library for the same amount of time.

"Did you know that this is the fourth time you've asked me about a question?" He said knowledgeably.

"Umm... does that mean I can—?"

"Sure. Whatever." Remus shrugged, passing you his answers (which were always right).

You jotted them down and moved onto the next sheet, which you also copied, when you heard someone running up to you from behind.

"Not in the mood," You said casually, with a warning tone, which immediately silenced the footsteps.

Remus nodded to the person and quickly packed up his things, giving you a sympathetic pat on your shoulder before leaving. You watched, waiting for the punch line, but it never came.

You rolled your eyes and attempted to keep doing your homework, on your own now, when someone gave you a hug from behind.

"Hello," You said a bit awkwardly, as the person rested their chin casually on your shoulder, "what can I do for you?"

"I'm sorry."

You suppressed a gasp.

A small part of you was hoping it was James, but had no such luck. Instead, it was Lily.

She brushed a lock of your hair and started playing with it, braiding it, like how she used to when you were little.

"I just got a bit— and please don't make me say it twice, my ego can't take it— jealous."

You nodded, and gave your friend a hug back. You barely ever fought, and you didn't like when you did.

"Please, though, you were jealous of little old me? Repeat that."

"And ruin my Gryffindor pride? Absolutely not!" She laughed.

"My ego needs a boost." You fake-pleaded.

"It's been boosted enough." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"So you're not going to repeat it?"

"No such luck."

You rolled your eyes, ever the dramatic.

"My poor bruised ego."

And you two were laughing again.

.   .   .

You dipped your feet into the water of the lake, rocking them back and forth as you read your transfiguration book boredly.

And then there was another backwards hugger.

"Is this the day of backwards hugging?" You asked sarcastically, causing them to laugh a loud hearty laugh.

"Perhaps." They replied mysteriously. "Anyways, babe, I did not mean to kiss you."

You shrugged.

"Its not like it meant anything, Sirius." You said coolly.

"Good. Cause James was pissed." Sirius smirked, settling beside you. "Anyways, fancy a swim?"

"Let me just get my swimsuit, accio—"

splash.

You and Sirius were in the water, and he was laughing at you.

"Sirius you arsehole!" You exclaimed, splashing some water his way.

But he just laughed, and you did too.

.   .   .

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous now."

You were almost done with your mountain of homework, and you were sitting near the Quidditch pitch finishing it off when yet another backwards hugger approached.

"Merlin, am I a terrible person."

It was actually James this time, and he rested his chin on your shoulder.

"I get it. Really. I understand why you did it. But just like you, I can't understand why I did it too." He admitted.

It was getting late, and you were getting tired. Sure you had a nap, but you had been working all day (minus your 'swim' with Sirius in the Black Lake).

"I... yeah, the letter was right. And it'll keep being right. Forever." You admitted, suppressing a yawn.

James smiled, and he softly kissed your cheek, causing it to go red at the sudden touch. You had hoped he hadn't seen, but... no such luck.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱