012 :::: you're found... ish not really

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

IT HAD BEEN about thirty minutes when you decided to stop running around, getting yourself more lost. You settled on a tree stump, and pried your eyes open, trying your best to see in the dark. Every little noise made you flinch, and it was the evening in no time.

All alone in the woods, it gave you some time to think. Did you like James? Yes, a lot. Did he like you? Well, he kissed you, right? That's got to mean something... right? It wasn't like this was Sirius.

Speaking of Sirius, you hoped he was treating Lily well. Lily wouldn't've kissed him if he wasn't, anyways. It gave you some comfort to think about them, probably having loads of fun together now.

Speaking of fun, you personally thought Marlene was the perfect thing for Remus. Calm and collected, he certainly needed some craziness in his life, and Marlene was just the thing.

You sighed when it had been— you checked your watch— forty-five minutes without even a trace of any of your friends. You were just going to have to accept the fact that you had been forgotten, and begin your life as a child of the forest. It wasn't like your friends even cared.

. . .

[ sirius' pov. ]

. . .

"Y/N? Come out!" Lily shouted frantically, tears welling in her gorgeous green eyes.

Sirius wrapped an arm around her, and started to trudge through the snow— did I mention snow before?— looking around for his sister from another mister.

"I know you love to win but, this is taking it too far! You've won, Y/N, we give up! Come out, please!" Marlene begged.

Remus lay hopelessly in the snow, willing himself to hear her laugh one more time. He was hoping for the snow to swallow him whole; for it have been him not her. He ran through phone numbers in his head, people to call if things got serious, possible situations, but none were helping him. One look at him made you feel the group of friends' misery. Without Y/N the world was a dull place, it felt as if no one would ever smile again.

"Y/N!" James shouted at the top of his lungs, frozen tears on his face. The wind was whipping at him and the cold was biting his skin but he didn't care, he just wanted to find Y/N.

"You think she went in the woods?" Sirius called to James, brushing the snow from Lily's hair.

"Wouldn't hurt to check." James called back, feeling awfully alone without Y/N by his side.

"We'll stay in case she comes back," Remus said, and Sirius gave him a thumbs up before pulling his gloves on tighter, following James to the forest.

"I just hope she's ok..." said James, and you could hear the fear in his voice.

. . .

[ your pov. ]

. . .

You sneezed, the clouds deciding to make your day even worst by making it snow. You imagined that tomorrow they would all be making their way to that muggle art museum Lily had found, singing songs as they drove away in Lily's minivan. You hoped they were enjoying their time without you, maybe while you suffered in the cold it would all be worth it to someday find out that they had won the lottery or something while you were gone.

Fifteen minutes later you had found a stick and wrote your name in the snow, beside a tombstone you had drawn with the day you were born to today— your death day. Two minutes later and a new layer of snow had covered it up. You were honestly just waiting for the snow to cover you up.

About five minutes later you decided to figure out your new life as a child of the forest. If you could get up— your laziness was preventing you— you would go get to know your surroundings and the animals, start to befriend them and be accepted as nature's child. And no, you were not being overdramatic. You were either going to be adopted by the forest or die pneumonia. That was the plan.

. . .

[ james' pov. ]

. . .

The deeper they got, the more lost they became. Y/N was nowhere to be found. James wasn't going to give up, neither of them were. They would risk everything for Y/N.

There was a crack of a twig, too close to not be feared. Since they couldn't use their wands, they both instinctively turned into their animagus form, scaring the shit out of Lily.

"I didn't know you could do that!" She screamed.

Sirius, now a great fluffy black dog, nuzzled up to her affectionately. Lily took a step back, before realizing this was Sirius and giving him a pet. Sirius patted his foot on the ground as Lily scratched under his chin, you could see Sirius was sucking up to Lily in his dog form, until James stomped his hoof— now a stag.

James inclined his head towards the noise, and he went galavanting to it. Lily stayed with Sirius, ready to jump into action if anything important happened.

. . .

[ your pov. ]

. . .

You heard a sound that was indistinguishably hooves galloping towards you. In fright, you tried to stand and run but tripped on a stick— the stick that you had drawn your very own tombstone with— and came crashing into the snow.

Or at least, you almost did.

Right before you could fall, the stag knocked you upright. You stumbled, expecting to fall straight into the animal you were running away from, when a pair of strong arms caught you.

You looked up into the eyes of your savior, expecting to see Tarzan. Instead, you were pleasantly surprised to see James.

All you could say was, "Where did the stag go?"

"Oh," said James nervously, his cheeks going redder than before, "not even a thank you. But yeah, there's something I need to tell you..."

"What?" You asked, James still holding you.

"I'm an unregistered animagus."

"WHAT?!" You exclaimed, "Thats it, I'm lost. I'm completely and utterly lost."

James smiled at your dramatics.

"Oh, and I'm cold too." You added, wanting nothing more than a hot coco.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱