007 :::: it was fun while it lasted

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

"GUESS WHAT GUESS what guess what!" Lily squealed, hopping up and down with excitement.

"What?" You asked, mimicking her actions as you got caught up in her enthusiasm once again.

"My parents bought me a car!"

"No way!" Said Marlene McKinnon, another close friend of yours who the author only remembered about now.

"Yes way! And guess what I'm inviting you both on!"

"What?!" You asked, adrenaline coursing through your veins.

"A road trip! During Christmas break! Just the two of us! Like old times!"

"SEEEEEEEEESH!!!" You and Marlene exclaimed, dancing on the spot.

The three of you broke out into a little victory dance right there in the common room, not a care in the world.

"What are we dancing about?" Asked James, joining the dance without being invited.

"I dunno," said Sirius, dancing beside Lily.

"Must be good," said Remus, joining in.

You, Lily and Marlene rolled your eyes simultaneously, stopping with the victory dance and putting an end to it.

"Welp, it was fun while it lasted." You shrugged, you and Lily turning to leave.

"Wait!" Remus called, the three of you giving each other a look before turning around.

"Bruh, chill." Said Sirius, because Lily looked really annoyed. The trip was supposed to be a girl thing, but that idea was long gone.

"I don't know why you're in some big time rush. We've got plenty of time for you to explain what's so amazing that we broke out into a victory dance." Sirius continued, a smirk playing on his lips.

"If you must know," said Lily, full of surprises today as she never usually explained things she didn't want to— you assumed she was warming up to Sirius way too quickly as the lad was rubbing off on her, "Y/N, Marlene and I are going on a road trip."

"Yes! Road trip! I'm in!" Smiled James, putting his hand in the middle for no apparent reason.

"Why not?" You laughed, putting your hand on top of James'.

"Fine, if she's in I'm in." Lily said, but it was clear she thought this was going to be fun.

"Me too!" Said Sirius, putting his hand on top of the assembling hand pile.

"Me three!" Smiled Marlene, always one up for adventure.

You all turned to Remus with pleading looks. Marlene pouted her lip.

"For me?" She pleaded, giving him her puppy dog eyes and batting her eyelashes.

"... Let's do this," Remus beamed, putting his hand on the top of the mountain of hands.

"Shit. What do we say?" You asked, glancing at all your hands.

"All for one and one for all!" Shouted James, gaining the attention of everyone in the common room.

"James, we're not the fucking musketeers," You laughed.

"No, we're the Marauders!" Sirius shouted, then added in a whisper, "We'll give you guys code names later."

"On three," Remus counted, "one... two... three!"

"MARAUDERS!" You all shouted, raising your hands into the air triumphantly.

With a laugh, all six of you broke out into a happy dance, completely forgetting about Peter who was down with dragon pox in the hospital wing.

.   .   .

"What about Cherry? Cherry colored hair, you see." Explained Sirius, trying to think of a name for Lily while Lily just shook her head.

"My patronus is a doe..." she trailed.

"Doe... doe... deer eat acorns. Acorn?" Sirius offered.

Lily laughed.

"Well what's your name?" She asked curiously, "I want ours to fit in."

"I'm Padfoot, James is Prongs, Remus is Moony—"

"Wait, where'd you get the names from?" You asked.

"Uhh..." He glanced at Remus, who shrugged and mouthed a word at him. "Our patronus'." He supplied.

"Oh. Ok. So Remus' patronus is a wolf?" Marlene asked.

"Uhh, yeah." Remus shrugged.

"Awesome. Mines just a boring old... tiger! Take that! What's yours?" Marlene added, turning to you.

"Mine? A y/p (your patronus)."

[ 🖇 mini a/n .   .   . " mine is the most
coolest thing ever... a brown bear. sarcasm inclined. what's yours ? " ]

"I've got it!" James exclaimed, "You can be... wait for it... Y/N/N!"

[ if yours works nicely as just your patronus eg bear, it could be that. but if it's a type
of dog it can be snuffles, and yes it's
that because of sirius— that's where he got
the name from ;) i can't really think of any
other animals that could be your patronus
so just use your nickname or you can
come up with your own! ]

"Y/N/N... I love it." You grinned, making James blush.

"I don't sleep, always active, a really good runner... on all levels except physical, I am a tiger. I'll be... Scar." Marlene decided.

"Chestnut? Deers eat chestnuts, and your hair is red." Said Sirius.

"No." Said Lily.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Sirius, no."

"Sirius, yes."

"Oh my god, Lily can just be Chestnut for now." You said, not having the energy to watch yet another Sirius vs Lily battle.

Sirius gave Lily a sly smirk and stuck his tongue out at her, while the girl just rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Boom. Now all we need to do is survive another few weeks of school before our big road trip." Said James.

Everyone groaned and the bell rung, signaling it was time for the next class. It was fun while it lasted.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱