020 :::: it's ( finally ) christmas

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU WOKE UP on Christmas day to a miracle.

You were actually awake before noon.

You rolled out of bed, your sheet tangled with you in some sort of cocoon as you ran down the stairs, getting that little Christmas kick (or should you say kink) and adrenaline rush that came with Christmas. Marlene and Remus were both up, being all cutesy with each other until you barged in, making space right in between them and third wheeling without even realizing it (you were just that good of a third wheel).

"Merry Christmas!" You said cheerily, embracing the two in a hug.

"You too!" Marlene smiled.

"Where're the others?" You asked.

"Lily's brushing her teeth, and the other two are sleeping." Remus said, pulling a piece of tinsel out of his hair with a questioning look. Marlene snickered.

"Well, we better wake up Sirius first. He's the heaviest sleeper. Siriusly." You added with a laugh, just having to make the pun.

"I heard that." Came a groggy voice as it made its way down the stairs, midway through some major crucial hair ritual as he brushed his dark hair with his hairbrush.

"You need to teach my how to do my hair so nicely." Lily said as she came out of the bathroom, awing Sirius' gorgeous locks.

"Just wait til you see what I got you." Sirius said with a mischievous smirk, leaning in for a kiss when Lily turned at the last second, leaving Sirius to kiss the air. Lily didn't even realize.

"Can't wait." She smiled, Sirius' frown melting away at her grin.

You looked around the group, scrutinizing the scene. "I'll go get James." You said, already halfway up the stairs before they even said ok.

You carefully opened his door, to find a sleeping (and drooling) James in his natural habitat. You tiptoed over to him, tapping him gently on the shoulder, giddy with Christmas excitement. When he didn't respond, you tapped him again.

"James," you said in a soft voice, "James, wake up."

James stirred in his sleep, mumbling something along the lines of "five more minutes" and settling back into bed. You laughed, tapping him again.

"Wakey wakey, James, it's Christmas." You said.

James peered one eye open, then the other as he tried to focus on you. He blinked, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and reached for his glasses. As he reached, he pushed them farther away, and when you couldn't watch his struggle for much longer you took them up for him and put them in his hand. He put them on, and blinked a couple of times until you came into focus. He had that absolutely adorable look that someone had when they just woke up, where they looked a little lost and disoriented but so damn cute.