002 :::: aftermath

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

"YOU'RE TELLING HIM it was a mistake— that you never meant to send it." Lily said in her don't-even-try-to-object voice.

"Lily," You pleaded, skipping a little to catch up with her brisk steps, "you're going to murder me."

You kept walking, Lily ignoring your comment, and then, to your horror, she tapped him sharp on the shoulder. Every single one of them turned to face you both, and you felt your heartbeat quicken.

"Evans—" James started, running a hand through his hair before throwing his hands behind his back, when Lily cut him off before he could even finish saying her name.

"Don't. Y/N has something to say to you."

You gave her a 'fuck you' look with your eyes and turned to James, feeling yourself growing even more nervous.

"Uh, that letter, it uh..."

"It was a mistake." Lily filled in.

"You mean it was meant for me? That makes sense, gathering that I am the best-looking one here—"

"Even if that was true, Black, Y/N values people with character." Lily snapped.

You didn't notice, but this made James' face light up. Lily imagined he had thought something along the lines of, "that's totally me," which she full heartedly disagreed with. However, she kept this to herself.

"It's fine." James said quickly. "Here, your quill," he said, passing you your long lost stationery.

"Thanks." You mumbled awkwardly.

"Uh, wanna sit with us? We have potions together, anyways."

"Actually—"

"Sure." You said, cutting across an angered Lily. She had brought you into this mess, it was only fair she had to sit through it.

You both joined on the ends of the table, you by James and Lily by Sirius (to her dismay).

"So, uh, what's been going on with you?" You ask, trying to sound chill.

"Mostly Quidditch— I'm the Seeker, if you don't know." James said, pulling a golden snitch from his pocket. "It's from my first game." He explained, letting it fly a little ways away before grabbing it in the nick of time.

"Oh, I remember that game," you smiled, "I thought you were going to throw up."

"Yeah, snitches don't taste very good." James said, making you laugh.

Maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱