005 :::: the chapter of realizations

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

[ james' pov.]

HE FELT HORRIBLE.

He hadn't seen Y/N all day, and he had asked just about the entire school where she might be.

Finally, when he was about ready to give up, Alice showed up out of nowhere— she usually does that, but it still makes him jump.

"Hello, James." She greeted, offering a smile.

"Uh, hi Alice. Have you seen—?"

"Oh yes, I have. Y/N seemed really upset about something so I, naturally, tried to cheer her up, but she said she wanted some space. I think she's having a nap in our dorm."

"Oh, thank you Alice, thank you thank you thank you!" He said enthusiastically, hugging her so tightly that she had to tap his shoulder to make him let go.

He practically bolted up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room, and he had leapt from one staircase to the other as they started to rearrange which caused him to bump into the person on the other side, and they both stumbled and he almost fell off of the stairs (as they were still rearranging themselves), when the person caught his arm before he could fall.

"Merlin, are you going fast. Wait, chasing a girl, right? Is she hot? Can I—?"

"Sirius." He said, a little breathlessly.

"James?" He asked.

.   .   .

[ sirius' pov. ]

.   .   .

Lily wasn't anywhere to be seen.

He had Y/N crossed off the list, and now he had to do Lily, who had miraculously disappeared off the planet.

He was just giving up when he bumped into James, and he almost fell off the stairs as they were rearranging when he caught his arm instinctively.

"Merlin, are you going fast. Wait, chasing a girl, right? Is she hot? Can I—?"

"Sirius." He smiled.

"James?" He asked, because like, who else would I be?

"Why the hell did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You kissed Y/N!" He exclaimed, opening his arms for dramatic effect.

"I know!" He replied, copying his actions.

Jeez, what was the big whoop?

"Why?"

"Because, you idiot, I'm suppose to kiss all the girls in our year before the year ends. I'm actually about to do Lily, you know, if she lets me—"

"ARE YOU GOING MAD?!?! WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR AGREEMENT?!?!" James bellowed.

"Our... agreement?" He asked.

"Yes, our agreement!"

"I'm drawing a blank." He admitted.

"You're— Sirius, where did you go after we made our agreement, you know, just after you finished all the Hufflepuffs?"

"Oh, after that I bumped into Regulus. We said some things... I can't exactly remember what happened, now that I look back to it."

James stopped for a moment, you could almost hear the clicks as everything fit into place within his whirlwind of a mind.

"I think," he started slowly, "that you've been Confunded."

"What? No!" But now that he thought about it, it started to make sense.

"I bet you said something really embarrassing about Regulus, and he Confunded you— along with anyone else who could've been there— so you would forget."

"But Regulus... dammit. You're right."

"I know I am." He smirked.

Sirius punched his shoulder, "Egotistical much?"

"Sirius much?"

Whatever had been broken, was fixed.

.   .   .

[ your pov. ]

.   .   .

You had just drifted off to sleep, when you heard someone enter the room, causing your tired body to jerk awake again.

You weren't in the mood, so you simply kept quiet, hidden behind the curtains of your four-poster.

.   .   .

[ james' pov. ]

.   .   .

He was in the girls dorm.

He had only ever been there once, and it had been for the same reason: to find Y/N.

They had been in second year, and some Slytherin girl had been mean to her. According to everyone, she was fine, but He wasn't about to believe that bullshit. So instead he had found a way to go into the girls dormitory, and He hadn't even told Sirius. Anyway, it had turned out she was fine— she was talking to Lily. Being in such close proximity to them, he felt his nerves kick in and he was out of there faster than a light, sure that nothing could get past that girl.

But here he was again, tiptoeing in the room, when he realized no one was there.

Half the four-posters had their curtains closed, the other half was a mess: presumably the people who didn't bother cleaning after themselves.

Asides from that point, he sighed and made a move to go when he caught sight of something in the corner of his eye.

Y/N's quill.

He didn't know why he did, but he took it.

And right underneath it, sticking out of a sock drawer, was a piece of parchment.

Despite knowing he shouldn't, he pulled it out and scanned over it, then read it again, and one time after that. It can't be true.

And then he felt worst than before.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱