003 ::: potions class

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU FELT AS if you had learned a lot about James that breakfast.

Like how he likes to keep a snitch in his pocket, for something to do. Or how he really values friendship, over everything. And how he has a habit of running his hand through his hair, seeming not to care that it messed it up— on the contrary, that seemed to be the point.

Lily didn't seem as happy about this, though.

While you and James were becoming fast friends, Lily and Sirius didn't seem to be getting too close. However, at the end they seemed to come to some sort of agreement.

.   .   .

[ lily's pov ; half an hour ago. ]

.   .   .

"Before you even say anything, Black, just know that I'm only here because Y/N's here." Lily said as she sat down in the empty seat beside him.

"Fine. So does Y/L/N like him? Because that letter sure sounded like that."

"No!" Lily said, trying her best to defend her friend. To be fair, it was her who told her to write the letter, so it was the least she could do to repay her.

Lily scoffed, thinking to themselves quietly, of course Y/N liked James— but there was no way Lily was going to tell Black, of all people.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that's a lie, and," Sirius added, before Lily could say anything, "he likes her, so that'd be a shame."

"He does?!" She couldn't help smiling a bit, even though James was kind of an asshole at least he had the decency to like her back.

"Hoho!" He exclaimed, "she does like him! I knew it!"

"Not so loud!" Lily hissed, shushing him. She was a little disappointed in herself, she had an inability to lie and now was the worse time to showcase it.

"What should we do first?"

"Pardon? What do you mean 'first'? And 'we', for that matter?"

"Come on, I thought you were smart. We're totally setting them up."

Lily twiddled her thumbs nervously."I don't think that's a good idea, they should fall in love naturally—"

"So you approve! And it is naturally, we're just giving them a natural push." He smirked.

Lily rolled her eyes.

It was lucky that Y/N and James were so absorbed into their conversation, otherwise they would of heard everything.

"So, you agree? Two people setting up their best friends? Partners in crime?"

Lily took a deep breath.