004 :::: the kiss

A MONTH LATER, you found yourself sitting in the grass in the courtyard, reading a book

"Hey, Y/N," Sirius called. The two of you had gotten more close over the course of the month, and talking to him was no longer considered juicy enough for the Hogwarts Gossip, a magazine organized by some Patil girl in your year.

"What is it?" You asked, bookmarking your page.

"Can I kiss you?"

"WHAT?!" You exclaimed breathlessly, looking at him as if he was mad. Where on earth did that come from?

"Are you deaf? I said can I kiss you."

"Why?" You asked, standing up.

"Oh come on, literally any other girl here would love to be in your situation right now."

"Do I look like any other girl?" You cut across him just as he opened his mouth slyly, "Don't answer that."

"Well, I'm sort of doing a bet." Sirius explained, "I have to kiss every girl in our year— minus the Slytherins— before the end of the school year."

"Why don't you just wait until Christmas, when there are mistletoes everywhere?"

"Because..."

You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Fine, I'm not as smart as you, understood. Hey, what's that above your head?"

You looked up, and there was... a mistletoe.

"Sirius, it's the middle of October."

"And?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Come on." You said, beckoning him closer with your finger. "Let's get this over with."

He smirked and made his way over to you, when you put up a hand to stop him.

"One kiss, and keep your hands to yourself. And by the way, this is on the condition that you'll kiss at least one Slytherin girl by the end of this week. And," you said, before he could respond, "don't say that's not enough time, you literally kissed a Hufflepuff earlier this morning."

Sirius grunted, "Fine."

He stepped forwards and kissed you, but it wasn't like you expected.

He was respectful to your wishes, he didn't get handsy. if you were to be completely honest, it felt more like a friendly kiss, rather than one for love.

When you pulled away, you turned and saw the most horrific thing you could ever see: your best friend and your crush kissing.

"I can't believe them..." You said in a small voice. "Let's make them jealous." You said firmly.