021 :::: a true christmas miracle

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU TOOK A deep breath. You were going to do this. You were a Gryffindor, dammit, it's time to get over your irrational fear of James saying no. Just do it.

You knocked lightly on James' door. "Come in," he called from somewhere within the room, and you opened the door.

James was sitting on the windowsill, watching the snow fall to the ground on a peaceful night, slowly starting to build a small hill of pure white snow. He had his back to you, but turned at your voice.

"Hi, James."

"Hello, Y/N. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

You opened your mouth to reply but closed it again, not quite sure what to say. Instead, you walked forwards, and sat beside him at the windowsill, gazing out at the vast white beyond. James watched you, fascinated. Without looking at him, you answered his question.

"I wanted to tell you something. Something important. Something that I've been needing to tell you for a very long time." You finally turned to face him in all his glory. The twinkle of his hazel brown eyes. The always upturned grin of his soft pink lips. The individual curls of his dark black hair. The reflection of yourself in his round silver-rimmed glasses. All things that would never change no matter what he said. All the more reason for you to tell him.

"James... I... I'm in love with you." You admitted, blushing crimson as soon as you said it. For a split second, a terrible, horrible, absolutely horrifying split second, you thought he'd say no. But then his joyous smile that he wore so often for you returned, and you breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin.

"I love you too." He replied, blushing as well.

The two of you sat side by side like that for a couple of minutes, just gazing at each other, remembering and soaking up everything that you loved about each other, in a comfortable silence.

You spoke again. "I'm not sure what we have. I know we love each other. So what does that make us...?" You wondered aloud.

James leaned towards you. It took your brain a moment to register what was going on, when his lips connected to yours. He placed a gentle hand to your cheek, and you once again were reminded of why you loved each other.

Your kiss was innocent. It wasn't too long or too short, but just right. Perfect, you would say.

When you both pulled away, James smiled. "Y/N, would you be my girlfriend?"

You wrapped James into a tight hug, your face buried into the comfort of his shirt. "Yes," you whispered, "yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"

James wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

.   .   .

"Marlene, go find Lily. I'm calling an emergency friendship meeting. Code violet." You said, in the most serious voice you could muster.