018 :::: it was at that moment, she realized, she fucked up

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU RAN UP the the stairs then back down again in anticipation. You couldn't do this. What if he didn't like you back? Or what if he didn't want to make anything official? Serious? What were you supposed to do if that happened?

You ran back up the stairs again. What're you talking about? If he felt uncomfortable whenever you kissed him, he would've said so... right?

You went back down the stairs again. Would he, though? It was no secret that James tried to avoid every awkward moment he could.

You were running up the stairs again. That was bullshit, he must've been ok with it.

You were running down the stairs yet again. The fuck were you thinking? You were probably just being bigheaded and your sight being clouded with love.

You turned to run up the stairs yet again, the indecisiveness evident in your steps, when you heard a shout that made you jump.

"What's going on? Is there an earthquake or something? Who keeps making all that noise?"

You breathed a sigh of relief. It was only Remus, no big deal.

"Sorry," you apologized, "just— er— trying to remember if something is upstairs or downstairs." You lied.

"Yeah, uh, alright." Remus said, unconvinced. Luckily, he didn't press on the subject.

You took a deep breath. You were doing this. But first, you had to give yourself a pep talk in the bathroom.

You walked up the stairs this time, trying not to make anymore noise. You could faintly hear the sound of someone taking a shower in the other bathroom, and made a point not to go there. You didn't want any run-ins. That shit could get ugly.

You opened the door softly and closed it. You turned to look at yourself in the mirror. You fiddled with your hair. Merlin, had it always been this messy? You grabbed a brush and frantically tried to comb it back, before you paused. What was the rush? James wasn't going anywhere. You slowed down, taking your time to try to make it look nice. You made eye contact with your reflection.

"This is going to be fine," you thought aloud, whispering to yourself. "Totally fine. It won't be awkward. Just gotta say, 'hey, wassup, I'm madly in love with you'."

You cringed internally, putting your head in your hands and resting your elbows on the counter of the sink.

"Merlin, what is wrong with me? Why was I born so awkward? Jeez, I wish I knew how to tell him. And I hope he says yes. What am I going to do if he says no? Just go back to being friends with Lily and Marlene and just pretend that everything that's happened this year never did? Just fuck our current relationship up so bad that we never talk to each other again? Or worst, we do talk, but he hates me. Ugh, why why why! How do I tell him I love him..."