Chapter 5: Out Ta Get Me

Saturday, January 1987

"What're you doing you weirdo?"

Oliver sat on the worn couch in Emily's neat and homey apartment, watching as the brunette girl took a pair of scissors to the black t-shirt that she had insisted he bring over. 

"I'm making it cute," Emily responded, focusing on the t-shirt even as she spoke. She was cutting the sleeves off and making it into a cute cropped top, to show off a little sliver of her toned stomach.

"I thought it was pretty cute before you cut it into a snowflake," Oli joked, shaking his head with amusement as the pretty brunette girl held up the shirt to look over her work.

Without warning she slipped the current Aerosmith t-shirt she had on off of her curvy body, and slipped the new crop top on. Oliver's brownish hazel eyes grew wide at the sight of Emily's tanned, bare skin, but she thought nothing of changing in front of the guitarist; he was her best friend after all, and she had changed in front of him for years.

Oliver however, felt his handsome face burning, meaning there was a faint blush creeping to his face as he struggled to avoid sudden dirty thoughts.

Clenching his warm eyes closed, the tattooed guitarist spoke up gingerly, "Hey Em..."

Emily glanced over at Oliver once he spoke, her bright green eyes holding an obliviousness to what her lead guitarist was about to say.

"There's something we should probably talk about..."

Suddenly, there was a persistent banging on the thin wooden door of Emily's apartment. Her gaze flickered between the door and Oliver, who actually looked slightly relieved by the interruption.

"Answer that. This can wait."

The annoying knocking didn't stop, until the pretty brunette singer swung the door open with a faint annoyance.

There before her, stood none other than her older brother, Axl. His long, strawberry blonde hair was down and pushed out of his face with a blue bandana, looking messy just like the rest of his attire. He only had one small bag with him, and he greeted his little sister with a cheeky smirk.

"Hey baby sis, hey Oli," Axl leaned to the side to greet the Simple Misconceptions guitarist on the couch, before dropping his bag and hugging his brunette sister.

"Hey Will," Em greeted her older brother back, before she motioned towards his small backpack, "Whats up?"

"I'm here to collect on that spare room you offered me."

Emily broke out into a huge smile, before leaping back into her brother's strong, tattooed arms. She loved living on her own, but it could get lonely at times; that's part of the reason Oliver always seemed to be over.

"I really missed you ya know," She mumbled into his long red hair, making him chuckle as he pat her back lovingly.

"I missed you too Em. Think you can handle living with your big brother again?"

"I did it for sixteen years, I think I can handle a bit longer... Just stay away from my closet!" The brunette singer said playfully but seriously, knowing that Axl had no problem stealing her clothing no matter how girly it seemed.

He had a knack at pulling off the strangest ensembles.

Emily showed her brother the spare bedroom and let him unpack what very little possessions he owned. She joined Oliver on the worn couch after, as he watched her with amusement.

"So are we still debuting this song tonight?" He asked softly, making sure the redheaded GnR singer couldn't hear him. Emily sighed, staring down the hallway where the bedrooms were located,