Chapter 13: You Could Be Mine

Sunday, February 1987

"Oh. Hey Oliver."

Emily's head shot up at the sound of her bandmate's name, and instantly her gaze landed on the skinny, tattooed guitarist. Oliver looked over at her sheepishly, silently begging for forgiveness with those big hazel eyes.

"Hey Em."

"Hey," She replied shortly, feeling tension engulf the small living space. Axl allowed the lead guitarist to step inside, but gave his little sister a look that said 'want me to take care of this?' To which she nodded no.

"Well I'm heading to Erin's. You're still stopping by for the party later right?" The red headed singer asked, swiping his leather jacket up as he grabbed the door handle with his other hand.

Emily held in a groan at her brother's question, because she just now remembered the party Guns N Roses planned on throwing at the Hell House later. With all the drama lately, the pretty brunette girl hadn't had any motivation to leave her cozy apartment, unless it was to record for the upcoming album. However, she did miss the crazy GNR boys, and the thought of seeing Izzy made her feel warm and tingly.

"Yeah I'll be there."

Axl nodded in approval, and as soon as he left the apartment, the atmosphere grew impossibly thicker with tension. Oliver still stood awkwardly by the front door, just staring down at Emily with bloodshot eyes.

"I know you're mad at me... but I finished 'Rehab', and I thought you'd wanna hear it."

The pretty brunette singer nodded and watched with tired, squinty eyes as Oliver picked up an acoustic guitar from the corner of the room. He hesitantly joined her on the couch, and began strumming the song that had been a work in progress for weeks now.

Oliver sang the meaningful words they already had written down, then began adding in some new lyrics that he's been working on. Emily scrambled to open her little black notebook to the right page, so she could write the fresh words down.

'I spend my nights at the strip club. I pay them girls just to get love. I pay them to lie to me, one of them girls gave a line to me.'

The brunette guitarist paused after the last line, staring intensely into Emily's green eyes before he continued on.

'Would you be happy if I let you go? Even if the highs feel low. Even if you couldn't sleep because you couldn't feel me underneath the covers when your eyes closed. If I'm a monster then it's cause you made him. Beauty and the beast now that's an ultimatum, go with what you love or follow what is gonna save you whoa'.

Oliver sang the chorus one more time and finished strumming the slow song, immediately looking up to see the pretty brunette girl's anticipated reaction.

"That's good. Thanks," Emily said coldly, before snapping her black notebook closed and standing up from the worn couch.

She was still beyond angry at Oliver, mostly because he still hadn't told her the actual truth. She thought the lead guitarist was her best friend, but the trust between them was slowly diminishing, and she didn't even seem to know who he was anymore.

"That's it?" He asked discouragingly, laying the acoustic guitar on the couch so he could also stand up as well, and scratch at the tattooed skin on his arms.

"I'm not in the mood for this right now," Emily snapped, her pretty face twisting up into a scowl. Oliver's hazel eyes were dull and sad, as he reached out to grab her dainty hand. The pretty brunette singer wearily allowed him to take it, but didn't allow her expression to soften for him.