Chapter 41: Patience

Friday, December 1987

Nikki Sixx was the last person Izzy expected to show up at his door on Friday morning, and for once he couldn't hide his shock with his usual blank expression.

That shock quickly dispersed into red hot anger, and Izzy felt half tempted to slam the heavy door in the bassist's face.

"What the fuck do you want?"

Nikki stood almost sheepishly in the hallway of the hotel where Guns N Roses was currently staying, scratching the back of his neck and swallowing the anxious lump in his throat so he could speak properly without sounding like a total pussy.

"Look Izzy... I owe you an apology."

Izzy scoffed and crossed his toned arms over his chest, but didn't say anything in response, despite how badly he wanted to curse at Nikki.

The Motley Crue bassist was almost a week sober; the color was returning to his tan skin, his green eyes didn't look dead anymore, and most of the disgusting track marks on his arms and legs had completely healed.

Physically Nikki was thriving with sobriety, but mentally he was still struggling. There were a lot of people he owed apologies to, Izzy was only one of them, and Emily was one too.

"I realize how much of an asshole I've been... smack turned me into a selfish monster who didn't care how his actions effected others..." Nikki explained softly, earning another scoff from Izzy, who still leaned in the open doorway of his hotel room.

"Sure, blame it all on the fucking drugs," The rhythm guitarist mumbled, to which Nikki frowned.

"I've made mistakes. I've made bad choices... but I wouldn't have made half of them if it weren't for heroin. You should be able to relate to that."

Now Izzy frowned, because although he didn't want to admit it, Nikki was right about that. Heroin was nasty, and it made people do things they wouldn't normally do, just to get a fix. He thought about how much it hurt him to see the track mark on Emily's arm, 'did she feel the same way when she looked at his own?'

"I didn't come here to preach about drugs," Nikki sighed, scratching at the back of his neck again, "I just wanted to say I'm fucking sorry. I'm sorry I tried to fuck your girl... I'm sorry I-"

"Wait what?" Izzy interrupted the rambling bassist, pushing himself off of the doorframe. Nikki cocked his brow at him, not quite understanding what caught Izzy's attention.

"You really want me to say it again? Fuck, okay. Sorry I tried to-"

"Tried?" Izzy interrupted again, a little impatiently. Nikki paused, still standing in the carpeted hallway of the hotel while the rhythm guitarist stared at him expectantly.

"Well, yeah. We didn't do much. Didn't she tell you?" The raven haired bassist asked, earning an incredulous expression from Izzy.

"She doesn't remember anything you asshole. Maybe that's because of the fucking drugs you pumped into her system."

Izzy felt like he could lash out and hit Nikki, just punch him square in that chiseled jaw of his. He was clenching his fists tightly at his sides, while Nikki cringed at his truthful statement.