Chapter 45: Here We Go Again

Sunday, February 1988

It's only been two weeks, but Emily was having a hard time living happily without Izzy around.

Sure, she had been without the rhythm guitarist for months and months while on tour with Motley Crue, but at least she hadn't been sitting at home all alone, completely lost in her dark thoughts. Which is exactly what she was doing currently.

After Izzy left, Emily put in an offer on a gothic style house in Redondo Beach; a nice sized three story home with five spacious bedrooms and four bathrooms, all of which were still pretty empty, even though she moved in last week. There was so much room in the house that the brunette girl didn't know what to do with it all, and she couldn't help but feel incredibly lonely.

Axl and Erin went out of their way to stop by Em's house as often as they could, despite how angry the red head had been at first. Izzy had left a handwritten note for the boys of Guns N Roses, explaining that he was leaving for awhile for 'personal reasons'.

Axl absolutely hated that. How could Izzy just take off when they had a new album to record? He loved the idea of his best friend getting clean and sober, but couldn't he tell everyone first? Instead of just leaving some lousy note.

Emily also hadn't told anyone that she knew Izzy was leaving, she didn't need that extra drama on top of everything else.

She sat on a cozy barstool at the island in her kitchen, drinking a cup of black coffee and smoking a Marlboro cigarette. The house was so quiet, not at all what Em was used to after years of living on the bustling Sunset Strip. She found herself actually missing the constant sounds of honking cars, and the drunken people walking down the street at all ungodly hours of the night.

Who knew fame and fortune could be so lonely?

She ashed her cigarette and stood up from her stool at the kitchen island, making her way towards the plastic landline phone hung up on the wall.

She hadn't seen her bandmates since the eventful MTV award show, except for Jordan, who had stopped by once or twice to see the new house. They were suppose to be getting ready to record for their second album, so Em figured she would call up Oliver and see if they could work on writing some new songs.

Just as she was punching in the tattooed guitarist's memorized phone number, the doorbell rang and echoed throughout the spacious house, obviously signaling that someone was at the front door.

Emily wasn't expecting anyone, but the thought of not being alone in this huge house was extremely appealing, so she practically booked it through the foyer up to the tall front door.

She flung the door open, and much to her pleasant surprise, was greeted by a mop of raven colored hair.

"Hey," Nikki Sixx greeted her with a handsome, beaming smile. He stood casually in her open doorway, with his tan, muscular arms crossed over his chest and his bright green eyes planted right on her.

Emily hadn't seen the Motley Crue bassist since the MTV award show, when he was fighting with her temperamental older brother. He looked good; still sober obviously, and dressed in a tight pair of jeans, a black tank top that showed off his tan, tattooed skin, and dirty white tennis shoes.

"Nikki!" She exclaimed excitedly, throwing her tan arms around the raven haired bassist's neck without even thinking twice. Em was just happy that someone had come to see her and save her from her dreaded loneliness.