Chapter 29: Sweet Child O' Mine

Tuesday, June 1987

Guns N' Roses had a very important music video shoot today, at the Huntington Ballroom in Huntington Beach. Although 'Sweet Child O' Mine' had been treated like a joke at first, mostly by Slash, it was quickly dominating people's hearts, including Emily's.

The director and Axl had a very clear picture of what they wanted this video to be like, which is why everyone had been forced to bring their girlfriends. Duff had brought Mandy, Steven brought his new girl Cheryl, and Erin had come for Axl. Slash and Izzy were the only two without girlfriends, something Axl had complained about the whole week before the shoot.

Emily stood contently in front of the makeshift stage next to Erin, the only band member girlfriend that seemed to like her. Which was fine, because she didn't care for the usual girls that GnR plucked off the Sunset Strip, especially Mandy.

"So he snuck in through my window, like we were teenagers or something. Then he played a romantic Elvis song... and we danced, and he told me I was the only girl he loved," Erin practically swooned just retelling the lovey dovey story, making Emily roll her pretty green eyes. Although she was happy her red headed brother had managed to win back Erin's heart, she didn't want to hear anymore about their grody makeup sex.

"I'm glad you guys figured it out. I think you two are really good together," Emily admitted, offering Erin a sweet smile. She could feel intense eyes on her from across the ballroom, and she looked over to see Mandy staring harshly, again.

"Are Duff and Mandy like... together now?" The brunette singer asked nonchalantly, earning a shrug from Erin who just now noticed the blonde girl glaring their way. Mandy stood right next to Duff, who had his back facing the girls as he spoke to one of the many men apart of the crew. His tall frame towered over Mandy, but she still kept herself glued to his side.

"I guess so. She follows him around like a helpless puppy."

Emily frowned, watching as Mandy stopped staring to stand on her tip toes, and plant an aggressive kiss to Duff's unsuspecting lips. The blonde bassist absentmindedly kissed her back, before simply going back to his conversation, yet Mandy still looked pleased as she smirked over at the girls.

"I'd love to wipe that fucking smirk off her face," The brunette singer mumbled through clenched teeth, making her brother's girlfriend giggle, "I do not want Duff, she can have him. No need to be a spazzy bitch."

"But you could have him if you wanted him, and she probably knows that," Erin chimed in, right as Axl came strolling over to the girls. Emily tried not to think about that statement, because she really didn't want to be in a relationship with the blonde bassist.

"We're about to start filming," Axl said softly, gently brushing Erin's wavy brown hair away from her neck so he could kiss her smooth, pale skin. Emily gagged playfully, but stopped once she noticed the big camera that seemed to be focused in on Axl.

"Wait don't get me in the shot!" The brunette singer squealed, stepping away from the affectionate couple and hopefully out of the camera's view.

"We're going to need you to be in the video Em. There's only three chicks here, you're gonna have to be a fake girlfriend," Axl explained with a smirk, laughing as his little sister threw her head back with an exasperated groan.

"Just because we're related doesn't mean you can use me whenever you damn please," Emily muttered, her facial expression being one of mock annoyance. She really didn't mind helping out her brother, or the rest of GNR, but she hadn't expected to be a 'fake girlfriend' for the day. Slash and Izzy were the only two without girlfriends, so it was pretty obvious who Em would be 'fake' cuddling up to.