Chapter 26: Panic Attack

Saturday, May 1987

After her little argument with Izzy, Emily decided to skip going to the second day of the music video shoot for Welcome To The Jungle.

Instead, she had spent the day with her bassist Jordan, drinking red wine and letting their intoxicated inspiration create little snippets of music. Usually that was something she would do with Oliver, but he had been rather allusive since Em moved out. They had a band meeting coming up though, to talk about tour, and he couldn't avoid her forever.

Guns N Roses second day of filming was at The Whiskey A Go-Go, and the boys were all a bit tired of the process by now. Duff especially seemed antsy, like he desperately wanted to leave; the blonde bassist was checking the clock obsessively, ready to meet Em at The Viper Room.

The brunette singer thought it would be better if she just met Duff there, so it wouldn't seem so much like a date.

The GNR boys stood casually around the stage inside the almost empty club, while Axl looked over footage with the director. They had filmed the performance for the music video that afternoon, and just finished the remaining little scenes; such as Slash sitting with his back propped against the multiple TV sets, drinking from a bottle of Jack.

"Can we leave yet?" Duff asked for the third time in twenty minutes, making Slash chuckle and Izzy glare bitterly at the hardwood ground as he leaned against the stage.

"Got a hot date or something?" Slash asked in amusement, unaware of the cute bassist's plans for the night. The curly haired guitarist's comment made Duff smile faintly to himself.

"I'm taking Emily out," The blonde bassist stated proudly, earning an incredulous look from Slash. The curly haired guitarist glanced between the happy bassist and a frowning rhythm guitarist, finally understanding why Izzy was in such a pissy mood all day.

"As friends," Steven chimed in, as he sat on the stage with his legs dangling down. He was wearing a knowing smirk, and his comment made Duff groan out loud. Izzy however, couldn't help but let out a little chuckle.

"For now," Duff added, glancing up at the clock once again, "I hope eventually she might be willing to be more than just friends."

Slash and Steven both glanced at Izzy sympathetically, making the dark haired guitarist clench his jaw and pull a fresh cigarette out of his pack of Marlboro reds. The worst part was that he really had no reason to be mad; Duff had no idea Izzy was hopelessly in love with the brunette girl. The GnR bassist thought she was available, and technically Emily was single, but her heart belonged to Izzy.

The rhythm guitarist had practically begged her not to hang out with Duff, but she insisted it was just as friends.

"I'm gonna head out," Izzy piped up, pushing himself off the stage and shoving his calloused hands into his jacket pockets. As far as he was concerned, Axl definitely had enough footage for the music video. Duff looked excited as they watched Izzy's retreating figure.

"Shit. I'm leavin too!"

Emily was already sitting at a small booth inside the dimly lit club known as The Viper Room; the same place they went to for the brunette singer's birthday not too long ago. The little dance floor was packed with people, all dancing to Prince and Cyndi Lauper while dim lights flashed over their moving bodies.

The brunette singer chugged her third Jack and Coke, ordering the waiter to leave out the Coke for the next round. She couldn't stop thinking about her little argument with Izzy, and how she wished it was the raven haired guitarist on his way instead of Duff. There was nothing wrong with Em being friends with the blonde bassist, so why did she feel so guilty?