Chapter 25: Welcome To The Jungle

Friday, May 1987

Emily arrived at The Whiskey A Go-Go around noon on that sunny LA day; Izzy had informed her that Guns N Roses was scheduled to shoot their first music video, and she wanted to support them every way that she could. The video was for 'Welcome To The Jungle', which was destined to be a bestselling hit in the brunette girl's opinion.

She had finally moved back into her own apartment, so Izzy had been over a lot the past couple of days, not that Em minded one bit. The only thing that still made her feel uneasy, was the fact that the rhythm guitarist was regularly using drugs.

He never did smack in front of her, but the brunette singer knew Izzy didn't just up and quit in a day; she also didn't expect him to.

Inside the Whiskey A Go-Go was void of customers. Usually the popular club was packed with people who loved to party, so it was pretty strange to see only a few crew members inside for the music video, but also kind of refreshing. Emily immediately spotted her red headed brother talking to the director, but the sight of him took her by surprise.

Axl was wearing a button up flannel shirt, that was a mixture of warm reds, browns and oranges. Denim blue jeans and brown cowboy boots completed his simplistic outfit, along with a white baseball cap that he wore backwards. His long, red hair was down and straight, and Emily couldn't help but feel some serious William vibes.

This was no longer Axl Rose, rock n roll singer standing before her, it was William Bailey, troubled kid from Lafayette Indiana.

"Em!"

Axl finally noticed his little sister staring wide eyed at him, and cut off his conversation with the director to greet her. He crushed Emily in a brotherly hug, and beamed down at her once they pulled away; its like he was a completely different person from Sunday.

"Hey Will," She used her red headed brother's real name on accident for the first time in weeks, "Why are you dressed like that?"

Axl grinned and looked down at his simple appearance, "Do you like that? I'm going to get off a bus, like I just came to LA from Indiana."

"I feel like I've gone back in time," Emily joked, making her older brother break out into boyish laughter. She thought he must be in a good mood, because he was acting the complete opposite from the last time she saw him, when he was closely resembling 'Oscar the Grouch'.

"Oh by the way, the track for Rocket Queen was fucking perfect."

The pretty brunette singer froze, staring at Axl like he had suddenly grown a second head. He noticed her horrified expression and blushed profusely, sheepishly scratching at the back of his neck.

"I didn't listen to the raw track... but Randy, the sound operator put it behind the song, and it sounds bitchin," The red head explained, making Em sigh in instant relief.

Emily hadn't realized it until she returned home Sunday night, but she had been moaning and screaming Izzy's name out like crazy. If Axl listened to the raw track he would definitely find out very quickly who she banged in order to make those sounds, and Emily would have to spill the beans; that meant telling him everything that's happened from 1978 till now.

Eventually she would have to do that anyway, if Em wanted to be with Izzy long term, but the idea of telling her protective older brother that she's been lying... terrified her.

"So do I get a shout out on the album then?" The brunette girl eventually replied playfully, making Axl laugh out loud again.

"I was thinking we leave the identity of the Rocket Queen a secret." Axl threw his strong, flannel clad arm around his little sister and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze.