Two

I awoke to the sound of loud bangs on my door and Dustin shouting at me to get up or I would be late for my first day of school. I groaned and got up. Starting a new school over a month into the year was not what I had wanted to do, being mid-October meant that all the classes were well underway and I'd probably have a lot of catching up to do.

I quickly got ready, pulling on a white short sleeved shirt and black short skirt, similar to what Addison was wearing the day before. I lightly did my make up and pulled a brush through my waist-length blonde hair. Looking around my room at all of my unpacked boxes, I cursed. Where the hell did I put my Vans? I only had them on yesterday.

Pushing boxes out of the way, I spotted my black vans, one of them half squished under a box.  Glaring at the poor box, I yanked my shoe from under it, causing the contents to spill out on the floor. I simply stared a the pile of clothes before turning to grab my backpack and black blazer to head downstairs. I'll sort my mess out later.

Dustin was impatiently waiting at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his foot. He glared at me as I came down the stairs. Holding out an apple for me, he motioned for us to go.

We walked outside into the cool October air, then I followed Dustin around the side of the house until we reached a garage. Pressing a button on his keys, the garage door rose to show six cars. I looked wide-eyed at all of the cars, most of which seemed brand new.

Dustin hopped into a Chrysler Genesis, waving for me to get into the passenger seat. When he turned the car on, I checked the time. It was only ten past eight. I glared at Dustin as he pulled out of the driveway, making his way to the school.

"Dude, its only ten past eight," I said.

"I know, I want to get there early and show off my beautiful new cousin!" He was way to happy for this time of the morning.

I huffed for the rest of the ride as he sang along to the radio. I peered out the window, I wonder how hurt I would get if I did a tuck and roll out the car? As I contemplated how to get away from an overly chipper Dustin, we took a right turn and pulled into the school.

As I got out of the car, I felt hundreds of eyes on me. Taking in everyone around me, I came to conclusion that yes, there was in fact hundreds of eyes on me if the pointing and whispering was any indication.

I stuck close to Dustin as we made our way through the sea of people. On some picnic benches off to the left, I saw Addison staring at me then whispering to her friends who glanced then giggled. I rolled my eyes, continuing to follow Dustin.

We finally arrived at the desired destination, which was another set of picnic tables. Two guys and a girl were seated there when we arrived. One guy got up and met us, he kissed Dustin. I'm assuming that's Luca, unless this town is just that weird.

"Guys, this is Shay. Shay, this is Luca, Olly and Aylee." Dustin pointed to each person individually.

"Dude, is this the hot cousin you were telling us about?" Olly asked, then received a smack on the back of his head from Aylee.

Olly rubbed his head, frowning at the girl who was now rolling her eyes. Olly looked at Dustin who had his arms crossed, a look on his face.

"And at what point did I say hot?" He asked, now tapping his foot.

Aylee and Luca appeared to be trying to hold their laughter in while their friend was being scolded. Olly shrugged and offered an apologetic smile to Dustin. Its not that I was complaining about the compliment from a good-looking guy. Olly was about six foot, with dusty blonde hair. He had broad shoulders and I could easily spot a six pack through the slightly too tight school shirt he was wearing.