Seventeen

All day I had been worrying about what was going to happen in two hours. Dad made us go over the plan half a dozen times or more. Grandfather was very wary. Grandma was beside herself with worry and had been baking non-stop all day. Mum had been eating that baking all day to try and clear her nerves. My friends were trying to make light out of the situation but were successfully failing.

Two hours. We had two hours left until I would be standing face to face with him. I just wanted this all to be over with.

With just two hours to go, I was currently sitting in the room I'd been given, which Dad was now saying it was my own room and after this is done, I should get it decorated the way I wanted.

I was currently sitting on my bed by myself. I had asked to have a few minutes to myself, just to calm my nerves. To say I wasn't panicking, would be a lie.

I knew I wasn't going to be alone. Kasper and Julian would be right there, hidden in the shadows but it still didn't help with the nerves because what if they got caught? What if one of them was hurt?

I did not want my brother or my... you know what? Fuck it... boyfriend to get hurt.

I looked at the time on my phone, just catching the change of a number.

22:47pm.

I had less than an hour before I had to leave. I stood up and started to pace my room. My thoughts swirling around and around. What if it didn't work?

A soft knock came at my door and in walked the girls. Aylee and Poppy looked at me, their faces full of concern. They didn't say anything as they walked forwards, pulling me into a group hug. We stood like that for what seemed like an age.

"Do not lie," Poppy said when we pulled away.

"But are you okay?" Aylee finished.

"To be honest, no. I am scared." I moved to sit down on the bed, Aylee and Poppy following suit.

"You're holding it in through, people can't really tell, except us, cause we're like your best friends, obviously," Aylee said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well obviously," I said, and we all chuckled.

"Kasper and Julian won't let anything happen to you, Shay. You know that, right?" Poppy told me.

"Yeah, I do know but it still doesn't calm my nerves because what if they get hurt?" I asked.

"I don't think you understand how highly trained these boys are. Julian has been trainee for as long as he can remember and Kasper since he was about eight," Aylee told me.

"Whoa, really?" Aylee nodded.

I checked the time on my phone, I had an hour before I had to leave. I was feeling sick and my stomach was doing all kinds of movements.

Another knock sounded at my door then Kasper opened it and poked his head in. His eyes landed on the three of us who were curled up on the bed.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me directly as he walked into the room.

"Yeah, I am," I told him.

"We're gonna head downstairs," Aylee said and got up from the bed.

Poppy followed her as she left the room. Kasper moved over to sit next to me on the bed. He didn't say anything for a moment, he just looked at me and smiled softly.

"Everything will be fine," Kasper told me, breaking the silence.

"Yeah? And how do you know that?" I asked him.