Eight

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?" I turned around slowly, making eye contact with the best friend of my ex.

"Anton." My voice was ice and I was instantly sobered, closing the passenger door to get a better look.

Kasper looked at Anton, who was surrounded by more of Jax's friends, a look of confusion clearly on his face.

"We had all wondered where you had run off to, Shay." Anton took a step forward and I took one back out of instinct.

I had never really liked Anton, he had always been a dick. He was actually the one to persuade me into first doing drugs, calling me all kinds of names and said that Jax would leave me if I didn't have fun like he did.

Anton looked from me to Kasper, taking him in. "Who's the puppy?"

"Fuck off, Anton," I spat, yanking open the door again, I jumped in.

"Just wait until I tell Jax where you've been hiding! He'll really want to see you, he misses his girl." Anton shot Kasper a look when he said 'his', almost like he was staking a territory.

Kasper stayed outside the car, watching as Anton walked away laughing with his friends. Kasper looked at me through the windshield, before walking round to the drivers side and getting in.

We didn't say anything as he drove, it took me a little while before I knew where he was going. When he took the turn in for the clearing, I had figured it out.

My mind was on Jax. I didn't want him to know where I was. If Anton could tell him, does that mean he never actually got charged? He never actually went to prison?

When Kasper stopped the car, I was completely absorbed in my thoughts. I could feel him looking at me as I thought.

Should I tell Mum? Was it just a threat? Maybe Jax is in jail and I am being overly paranoid. No, I wont tell her, not until I actually have conclusive proof that he is freely wondering around, terrorising the world.

"Shay?" The smooth voice pulled me out of my inner-rant.

I turned my head slowly, locking eyes with Kasper. He looked worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to reply, then closed it. Was I okay? Had I processed this yet? I felt okay but I also felt okay after I had been raped by Jax until it hit me a few days later.

"Honestly, I dont know," I told him.

"Who was that?" Kasper asked.

"Jax's best friend, we've never been on the best terms," I said.

"Ah." Kasper got out of the car and walked round to my side, opening the door.

When I got out, I was engulfed in a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and inhaled his familiar scent, relaxing instantly.

I don't know what it was, but I felt safe with Kasper. In the little time I had known him, I had come to trust him completely. I pulled back and looked at Kasper who was smiling down at me.

Just as I was about to lean up and kiss him, the loud sound of a firework broke through the silence. To my right, above the trees, I was able to see the fireworks which were being set off from the tracks.

"I thought that you would want to see them still," Kasper whispered to me.

"I did, thank you."

We watched the whole show with blankets wrapped around us which we had gotten from the little hut. We were leaning against the side of Kasper's car and he had his arm tightly wrapped around me.