Sixteen

"Jax must have someone watching her, they wouldn't have been able to know she was going to race if he didn't," Julian said.

"Yes, but who?" Aylee questioned.

"Well, that's one thing we need to figure out, has there been anything out of the ordinary lately?" Julian asked the room.

Everyone was silent, no one seemed to have an answer.

"What about Addison? She's been suspiciously quiet over the past month," Kasper said.

"Addison?" Uncle David looked confused.

"Oh yeah, your daughter is a bitch," I told him.

"Takes after her mother then," Mum mumbled, and I chuckled.

Uncle David glared at us but didn't say anything, probably because he knew we were right.

There was a knock at the door and Dad shouted for them to come in. Dustin peered in from behind the door, eyes searching the room. When they landed on me, he zoomed in and met me as I was standing up from the couch.

"Thank god you are okay!" Luca said from behind his boyfriend.

"Yeah, we were so worried about you," Poppy said.

"Aylee called and filled us in on what you told her about Anton." Olly took a seat next to Aylee.

"Bastard that he is," Dustin mumbled, sitting down on a free couch.

"There is a lot of children here," Grandfather mused as he glanced around.

"I hardly think we're "children" exactly," I snapped.

Grandfather opened his mouth to retaliate, probably to say something about me being disrespectful but a look from his wife shut him up.

Guess we all know who's in charge.

"Do you guys have a plan yet?" Olly asked.

A few of us shook our heads. No one said anything for a moment, as if trying to think of a plan.

We spent the next hour or so discussing our next moves and trying to figure out what to do. Grandfather had asked Mum if she knew anything about Jax, but she said she'd never met him, which was true.

By the time nine o'clock rolled around, we were all tired, me especially. Dad didn't want Mum and I to go anywhere so he said we could crash in two of the spare rooms.

I grabbed my jacket on the way upstairs and went into one of the rooms, Mum went off down the hall. Upon entering, I reached into my pocket for my phone only to have my hand close around a bit of paper.

Shit. That note.

I yanked it out, pulling my phone out too. I threw my jacket aside carelessly and made my way over to my bed. I sat down on it, my eyes raking over the word that was scrawled on the front.

Shay

I took a deep breath and unfolded the note. I took a quick scan over the writing. It was definitely Jax's handwriting.

Hey baby, hope you didn't get too badly bruised when Dante tipped you over, although thinking that you did is kinda turning me on... but anyway baby, if I can do that to you, just think of what I could do to your little friends. You have until Sunday 22nd at midnight to come back to me, or I'll start picking off your friends one by one. Meet me at the tracks. ALONE.

I reread the note again and again and again. I didn't realise I was crying until a tear dropped on the bit of paper. Shit. What was I going to do?

Jax was good at two things. One being racing and the other being going through with his threats. I was terrified but not for me, for my friends.