Twenty-one

Why is the room spinning?

I sat up in bed. Shit that was a mistake. The room span even more. I groaned and fell back down. I felt for my phone on the bedside table, grabbing it to check the time. It was after noon.

Kasper was not next to me, he'd already gotten up. I grumbled to myself as I forced myself to stand. I grabbed a pair of pyjama bottoms and made my way slowly downstairs.

"Fucking hell Luca, could you not be so loud?" I heard Aylee scold from the kitchen.

"I literally just closed the cupboard," he retorted.

I walked into the kitchen to see Poppy and Aylee slumped on the counter, against each other. Aylee had her head in her hands and Poppy was leant back against the wall slightly with sunglasses on. I immediately hopped up and joined them, leaning my head on Aylee's shoulder.

"Jesus girls, I've never seen you guys in such a mess," Dustin commented. This earned him the finger from all three of us.

"Where's Kasper and Julian?" I asked the room.

"They went on a run, weirdos," Ollie said, stuffing a slice of toast in his mouth. He was also currently frying bacon.

"I don't know how they don't have hangovers," Poppy mumbled, now clutching her head.

"Oliver, where the fuck in my bacon?" Aylee snapped.

"Jeez, calm down woman, its cooking," Ollie replied but earned a glare from Aylee.

A piercing sound rang through the kitchen, causing us girls to whine.

"What the hell is that noise?" Poppy complained.

"It's Shay's phone." Dustin handed me my phone from the counter.

I groaned in disgust at the device before answering, putting it on loudspeaker. I could not be arsed to hold the phone to my ear right now.

"Happy New Year!" Mum shouted down the phone.

Her cheery and loud voice caused Poppy, Aylee and I to groan again.

Mum chuckled down the phone, "do you girls have hangovers?"

One of us, I'm honestly not sure who, grumbled a response.

"Yeah Auntie Juliet, they do," Dustin said to her.

"Well I just wanted to call and see how you guys were doing. Also, I am supposed to let you know that it's your Grandad's birthday on the fifth, so we all have to make an appearance," she told us.

"Bollocks, I forgot about that," Dustin replied. "We'll be there though."

"Okay, well I'll see you guys tomorrow when you get back, love to you all!" And with that, she hung up.

Poppy, Aylee and I glared at the phone. How dare it be so loud?

"Here, Your Majesty's bacon," Ollie sniped as he handed over a bacon sandwich to Aylee and Poppy.

Aylee gave him a wry smile before she started to eat the food.

"Can't believe I have to go back to being in the same house as Gran, Addison and Ellen. I do miss Grandad though, he was always nice to me," I said, sighing.

"Who was always nice to you?" Kasper said, walking in the kitchen with Julian by his side.

"Grandad. It his birthday on the fifth and Mum has requested that we go see him. I just don't want to see the witches," I told him.