Twelve

When I walked back into the house with Dustin, I felt like last night was all a dream. Dustin and I hadn't talked much about last night in the drive over. Dustin and I went to our separate bedrooms as soon as we got upstairs. I dropped down onto my bed, hugging my pillow.

My mind kept replaying the events of yesterday over and over again. So much had happened within a day.

Mum finally opened up.

I found that paper.

Jax had seen me.

I might get to meet my dad soon.

Julian is my brother.

Like it all seemed as if I was dreaming. None of it seemed real. I keep expecting someone to jump out at me and laugh because it had all been a joke, but no. It wasn't a joke, it was all real.

I wondered if I should tell Mum about Dad and Julian? Maybe she would like to see him again. Although, maybe I should wait until I saw him before I said anything to her.

My phone pinged and lit up, revealing a text from Aylee.

A: Yo girl, just checking in? X

Me: I'm fine but a bit overwhelmed x

A: I can imagine! I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out with me and Poppy today? X

Me: Yeah that sounds great, what you thinking? X

A: Honestly, no clue. I'm going to go get Poppy in half an hour then we'll come to you and decide x

Me: Okay, see you then x

Good, that's what I need today, a girls day to relax. I had enough time to take a quick shower before the girls arrived.

Forty-five minutes later, I was sprawled out on my bed with that bit of paper in my hand, re-reading it over and over again. I still didn't get why David would have this, let alone write this himself.

"What's that you got there?"

I jumped a mile and span around to face Poppy and Aylee who were peering over my shoulder. Aylee looked at me, expecting me to answer the question she just asked me.

"Um..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. Fuck it, I'll just tell them the truth.

I handed the bit of paper over to Aylee and she shared it with Poppy to read. They seemed to both read it a couple of times before looking at me again.

"Whoa..." Poppy said.

"This is... uh..." Aylee said.

"Yeah, I know." Both girls sat on either side of me, paper still in Aylee's hand.

"Have you told Kasper about this?" Aylee asked me.

"No, I was going to but then something stopped me, I don't know why," I explained.

"Why is someone writing this about you?" Poppy asked me.

"Not just someone, it's my bloody uncle," I told her.

"Well, that's certainly interesting..." Aylee mused. "Have you asked him about it?"

"Nah, he's seemed weird when I bumped into him the other day so I am just avoiding him." I shrugged.

"I don't blame you for avoiding him to be honest, I would too," Poppy said, agreeing with me.

Aylee nodded at her statement. I sighed and draped my head back on the headboard.

It was now three hours later and the three of us presently had face-masks on and were painting our nails.

"Look, I wasn't saying you should straight up marry Olly right now, but at least admit you're head over heels for the poor boy," Aylee said, pointing her nail file accusingly at Poppy.