Thirteen

When Kasper pulled up to a rather large looking mansion, to say I was impressed was an understatement. I hopped off from his bike and walked forwards a few steps. Everyone else was pulling up around us, only some of them were just as shocked as I was.

I jumped slightly when I felt a hand touch my back. Looking up, I saw the reassuring face of Kasper.

When we reached the door, there was two massive men standing there with guns in their hands. They nodded to Julian and one of them opened the door to let us all in.

When I stepped into the house, I was immediately hit with and aura of danger but warmth. It was a weird mix. There was a lot of men and women who were bustling about. Most of which had an aura of importance.

Everyone stopped when we walked in, all eyes moving to look at us.

"Why are they staring at us?" I asked Julian.

"They're not, they're staring at you little sister," he said. 

I looked around again and the direction that they were looking at did confirm they were looking at me.

"Julian, Daddy was asking for you." My attention was pulled from the onlookers to glance down and see a small blonde girl talking to Julian.

She could not have been more than six or seven. She was dressed in fluffy pink pyjamas and had bright yellow ducky slippers on her feet. I double checked the time on my phone. It was almost midnight and this kid was still awake?

"Okay Alexis, we'll be right there," Julian told the girl.

Daddy?

Alexis turned to go but her eyes caught me and they looked excited.

"Oh my god, is this her? Is this my big sister?" She asked, her voice filled with excitement.

I didn't know what to do so I just smiled at the kid.

"Yeah, but Lex, we'll talk about this later, okay?" Julian told her.

She nodded and skipped off down the hall, occasionally looking back at me.

"Come on, this way guys," Julian motioned for us to follow him.

I looked back at all my friends who were following us. Dustin gave me a reassuring smile as I did. We turned into a large room which was filled with at least half a dozen other people.

"No, I dont care what his excuse is this time, this bastard owes me a lot of money so tell him to get it to me by Friday or he wont like the consequences," the strong voice of my father said.

The man who he was talking to nodded and hastily left the room, the front door slamming a few moments later.

Dad shook his head and sighed, mumbling something under his breath. Julian cleared his throat which got his attention. He looked up from the desk he was at and straight at me. Whatever annoyance and coldness he was feeling immediately washed away and he smiled.

"Shay," Dad breathed out.

I didn't know what to say to him, I just stared blankly. This was all to surreal.

"Everyone, get out!" Dad barked at the room.

There was no hesitation or questions, everyone just left. 

"Please, all of you, come and sit," Dad said to us.

There was four couches in the middle of the room, all facing in on each other, a coffee table in the centre.

I sat down on one couch in between Kasper and Aylee. The couch to the right was occupied by Olly and Poppy then to the left was Dustin and Luca. Julian sat down next to our dad on the opposite couch to me.