Eighteen

"You don't have the guts to shoot me, baby," Jax said as he took slow steps forward.

Jax and I struggled on the ground, screams and shouts were heard.

A shot went off...

Jax fell onto me, his heavy weight pushing me down. I used all of my strength to move him off of me and he slumped onto the ground.

I shuffled back, looking at him. I had shot him in the stomach, and he was now twitching where he lay, blood was running down his chin. I felt arms wrap around me and I instantly knew it was Kasper from his scent.

I looked down at my hands, his blood had stained them. I watched as Jax took his last breath.

I sprang awake, gasping.

"Shay, are you alright?" Kasper's voice soothed my nerves from beside me.

"Yeah, I just keep thinking about it. I mean, Kasper I killed someone. I know he deserved it, but it still feels like – I don't even know how it feels," I said to him.

"I know babe, I know." Kasper hugged me and rubbed my back.

I nodded, snuggling into him. The motions of him rubbing his hand down my back, settled and calmed me then before I knew it, I could feel myself falling back to sleep again.

When I woke again, I was alone in the bed. I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was almost noon. There was many messages from the group chat about the trip we were taking over New Year's Eve. Everyone had agreed to meet up at my dad's around three then head out.

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom then made my way downstairs. I nodded to the guards as I reached the bottom floor. Mum and I had stayed at Dad's since that night, my mum had told my grandparents about Dad and how I wanted to get to know him, but she didn't say anything about the whole Jax situation. So, since then, we'd been staying with him.

Kasper and Aylee had also been staying here since then too. Kasper hadn't wanted to leave my side since that night, because of Anton. He was paranoid that Anton would come back and do something. I think Aylee had just been staying here to be with Julian. Mum and Dad had started to get along more too, they had not been arguing as much and I swear I caught them flirting yesterday.

Christmas had been nice as I had been surrounded by family and friends. Dustin had chosen to spend Christmas with us rather than at home. I was happy that he'd done that.

"Hello love," Mum said when I entered the kitchen.

I mumbled a hello before going to the fridge and grabbing a can of coke. I didn't like coffee or tea, but I needed caffeine right now. I may have slept until almost noon, but I was still exhausted.

"How you feeling today?" Mum asked me.

"I'm okay, still having flashbacks," I told her.

"I'm not surprised, what you did wasn't easy." Mum came round the counter and hugged me.

"You're telling me," I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"At least you get to go away for a few days with your friends, you guys deserve this," Mum said with a smile.

"Oh shit, gotta go pack." I hurried out of the kitchen, grabbing an apple and my coke on the way.

Once upstairs, I grabbed a medium sized suitcase and started to shove my clothes in it. I had moved a lot of my stuff here over the past couple of days, so I had most of the clothes I wore often here. Once I had fully packed, it was almost half two and everyone would be arriving soon.