Twenty-Three

"Look, I know I have to go for Grandad, but I am not speaking to your mother," I told Mum as she, Kasper and I pulled into the driveway at my grandparent's house.

The last couple of days had been great. I had done basically nothing except lounge about the house in my pyjamas and eating the mountain of baked goods that Grandma kept feeding me. Kasper and Julian had been training, while Aylee had been doing some extremely complicated (and definitely illegal) computer programming stuff for my dad and grandfather.

"I know, but try to be slightly civil if she talks to you?" Mum asked, pleading with me.

"Well, I just hope she doesn't talk to me then," I mumbled as Mum opened the door to the house, calling to say we were here.

Kasper grabbed hold of my hand and I smiled at him, silently thanking him for the reassurance. Dustin came bounding out of the living room with a look of distress and relief on his face. He engulfed Kasper and I into a massive hug.

"Thank god, I would have killed you both if you didn't come," he told us.

When Dustin let go, we followed him into the living room, where the family sat. Ellen and my uncle were sat on one sofa with Aria playing by their feet on the floor, she looked up and smiled brightly at us. Grandad was reading the newspaper on the other sofa, his face in a frown as he read an article. Addison was sitting on one of the armchairs, furiously typing away on her phone and the head witch herself was in the other armchair, ,looking me up and down with disgust.

"Hey Dad!" my mum said, causing him to look up and smile brightly at seeing his daughter.

"Juliet!" Grandad stood up and wrapped his arms around her.

He let go of Mum and turned to hug me. I melted into him and smiled. As much as I hated this place, his wife, daughter-in-law and oldest granddaughter, I did really like my grandad.

"Well it took you long enough," Gran snapped. "Dinner has been ready for almost ten minutes."

Bitch.

"Sorry, there was traffic," Mum told her.

Gran rolled her eyes and stormed off to the dining room while we stood there, looking at each other. After a moment, we followed.

Gran shooed the under 21's down to the other end of the table, while the adults sat at the top end. Aria sat at the end of the table, on either side of her was Addison and I then beside us was Dustin and Kasper. I gave Dustin a sympathetic look as he had to sit next to his sister.

The first course came out and I looked at my bowl. What is with these people and their horrible looking soups?

I pushed it away, picking up my bread roll. I pulled little bits off of it and started eating. Kasper looked at me then the soup and smirked, he kissed my cheek then gave me his bread roll too.

"What the fuck was that?" Addison asked, not caring that her tiny sister was sat right next to her.

"What?" I asked her.

"Are you guys screwing?" Addison asked.

Dustin's eyes went wide, and he flicked his head back and forth between us. Aria was watching us too, her eyes focused.

"Well, she is my girlfriend, so yeah." Kasper smiled smugly at Addison.

"You really picked a slut over me?" Addison snapped.

"Excuse you?" She was pissing me off now.

Her head turned to me, giving me a sickly sweet smile. "Oh, sweetheart, I was just stating the truth. I mean, that ex of yours...didn't you spread your legs for like all of his friends?"