8. New York♥️

IKHLAS POV.

I arrived at New York and headed straight to Manhattan University, I went to the Administration Block and handed my Admission letter to the secretary.

"Welcome to Manhattan University Miss Ikhlas, here is your room referral letter, take it to the third office in the next block and collect your room key. This is your weekly schedule and your school guide." She said with a polite smile.

I collected it and thanked her before going to collect the key.

I reached the female hostel and had no idea where to go. I was still wallowing in the thoughts of how to locate my room when a beautiful brunette said "Excuse me Miss you seem lost."

"Yeah My room is in Block B and I have no idea how to locate it, I don't even understand this school guide," I answered my words laced with frustration. 

"Oh great! I am also in Block B what's your room number, I'll take you there."

" Thanks so much my room number is 487," I answered.

"Wow!! That's my room number too, making you my roommate" she squealed.

"My name is Delilah Styles, Radiology department." She said, extending her hand for a hand shake, I took it before introducing myself.

"Wow!! I am Ikhlas Muhammad Radiology department. But first of all, please can you tell me why I am getting these weird stares from people?" I asked.

"What else? You are obviously a muslim hijabii and you look like an African." And I mouthed an "Oohh." Well I am an African, a Nigerian to be precise. It's nice meeting you Miss Delilah."

We entered the room and she showed me my bed, desk and wardrobe. I think we are going to share the bathroom.

"Miss Delilah are you also In your first year?" I asked. "Yeah and you don't have to be formal when you are talking to me." she answered.

I unpacked and arranged all my stuffs before I Skyped My family. After that, I Skyped Haneefah. We talked and chatted, I showed her my room and she also spoke with Delilah. After that we ate Burger and fries with Apple juice that Delilah brought from Burger King and I slept off.

HANEEFAH POV.

It's really happening, my marriage with Yaya haneef is next week and I am really freaking out.

Most of my mom's family came to Kano from different parts of the country.

Aunty Husnah is my most loved Aunt, she is really awesome and always help me with soothing words of encouragement.

"Haneefah! Haneeeffaahh!!"  She called, stopping my trail of thoughts.

"Yes" I answered. "What are you thinking about?" Aunty Husnah asked.

"Nothing just random stuff" I answered.

"You know you can tell me anything, I'll listen to you." She replied scooting closer to me. 

"Actually aunty", I Started.

"I don't know how to put this but I am really nervous. Yaya Haneef is someone I barely know anything about. His best food, best friend, most liked sport............... I don't even know all these basics and I am expected to spend the rest of my life with him, will he even love me.
Everyone knows his mom hates me.  I....I .. just don't know."

"Calm down Hanny Let me ask you some questions. did anyone force you to marry him?"
" No!" I answered.
"Do you think you can respect and care for him as your husband?"
" Yes!" I answered.
"Do you think you can be patient and cope with any behavior of his?"
" Yes!" I answered.