20. The Agreement 💖

Hi beautiful people 😍
The Homewrecker just hit 1k reads. Am so happy and I thank you cause it wouldn't have been possible without your solid support.

Thank you so much
I love you all ❤️❤️

Haneefah POV.

I worm my way through the mass of bodies congregating at the entrance of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, sighing in irritation. Am late for work and it seems like no one is in a hurry to get to his/her own business. Figure that.

Yeah! After much persuasion, I was allowed to continue going to work, promising them that I'll be fine.

Actually staying at home wouldn't have helped in any way, I just have to keep myself busy by doing what I love the most.

"Oi ! Wasai!"

I whip around at the sound of my name, my eyes already narrowed to scold the person who used my last name.
The culprit was of course my sunshine.

I briskly walked into her arms as she engulfed me into a hug.

"Why are you here?" I asked her with a wide grin. I swear this lady here always gives me so much joy.

" Well i didn't know that I'll run into you here, I wanted to come give you the good news at home" she said chuckling too.

" What News?" I asked with an amused smirk.

" I am now a Nuclear Medicine specialist in Radiology department, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital" she squealed, hugging me.

I returned the hug " am so happy for you sunshine" I replied smiling sheepishly.

"Let's get to work peaches, we talk about it when we get back home" she said happily and we both scurried to our works, me leaving for the MRI room.

MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imaging)

Haneef POV

I got home and found out that my mom went out for a wedding ceremony. I was told she had a huge fight with dad over the issue and she became softer than before so I decided to use it to my advantage.

I waited for her in her sitting room and after what felt like ages, she entered with a salam.

I answered, plastering my face with a fake smile. " Welcome back mom, hope you enjoyed the party" I asked with a grin.

" Yeah I did but am very tired. By the way, why I you here?" She asked furrowing her brows.

" Do I need a reason to see my beautiful mom?" I asked.

" Well I thought you don't think of me as your mom anymore since you left me all alone in your house and took that devil to the hospital" she answered plainly.

" Mom am sorry for that I just didn't want people to accuse you of killing your daughter in-law, how do you expect me to get another wife if such rumors are going around" I replied as I walked to her and started massaging her shoulders.

" Okay then! that good of you. At least you are starting to think about getting another woman " she replied with a wide grin which made knots form in my stomach. I have to turn the conversation around cause I don't like where it's leading to.

I continued massaging her shoulders and we talked about my sister's wedding. Decided it was the right time to bring it up, I cleared my throat before starting.

" Mom are you happy now that I did what you wanted me to do?" I asked.

" Yes am happy my son" she answered, munching on the peanuts my sister brought.

" So what will you do for me in return?" I asked, leaving the massage now sitting close to her.

" I didn't know I have to do something in return but name it and I shall do it for you" she replied with a huge grin.

" I want Haneefah back" I said. Looking directly at her bracing myself for the aftermath.

The grin on her face immediately disappeared, looking at me like I was some kind of museum piece.

" Haneef why?" She asked calmly, her eyes fixed in mine .

" cause she is my sister also and I wouldn't like it if another person did that to her" I replied.

After what felt like eternity, she heave a sigh before replying me.

" Okay! But I have a condition"

My eyes quickly lit up. I knew she was going to give in after her fight with dad that was why I gave a punch to her guilt bag.

" Tell me whatever it is and I'll do it" I replied with a genuine smile. I was so happy, finally I can live in peace and not in pieces.

" You get another wife, after a week of marriage then Haneefah comes back!" She replied looking deadpan serious.

A feeling of dread immediately sweep through me. Inalillah this is an unfortunate turn of events.

"Mom but....."

" No buts haneef! You didn't think she will have the privilege of getting you back without paying a price. Or did you?" She said cutting me off.

"Okay Mom I'll think about it" I replied quietly, trying to buy more time for myself to try and sort it out.

" Keep your thoughts to yourself haneef, I don't want to hear it. You have two options: you either forget about that devil or you get another wife. I have nothing else to discuss with you so when you get down, tell Fati to bring me the clothes we talked about." She said. Directly dismissing me.

I headed straight to my dad and explained everything to him maybe he'll have a solution to it.

" Haneef we have been forcing her to adhere to our decisions for so long now. She is your mom and marrying another wife isn't a taboo. Maybe you should give it a try" he said giving me a look of pity.

" okay Dad " I silently replied.

Even though things have been normal between Haneefah and i, I don't think I can bring myself to telling her that. Imagine the courage, wit and obsession one needs to break such news to Haneefah.

" Ummm dad? How do we inform them?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that. I'll fix time, you call Deen your friend, and we will all go there together" he replied, adjusted his glasses and continue typing on his computer.

I got into my car and dialed Deen's number. Immediately he picked, we exchanged pleasantries and I heard a baby cry from the background. That would be Anam his second child I guess. A feeling of guilt rising in me as I remembered my ordeal. I informed about the meeting and he agreed to come with us.

..............................................................

Den! Den!! Den!!! 😱
Do you think he is really getting another wife?
Do you think Haneefah's parents would agree to it this time around?
How will Haneefah react to the news?

Stay tuned to get the answers that is probably going through your heads

Love ya all 😘

Author's Note

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖