39. Giving up 💔

Haneefah POV.

If you've never experience a deafening silence you're lucky. It could drive a person mad within few minutes.
Everything was still, only the beeping sound of the heart monitor. Every slight movement could be heard and I felt like I was hearing my own thoughts.  Trying to focus on one thing was hard as we all patiently waited for Ikhlas to wake up. It was eerie.  

Her eyes steered open slowly, carefully adjusting to the light that illuminated the hospital room.

Everyone rushed Happily to her side as she held her head in pain. The doctor hurriedly came in and examined her before asking her some questions which she groggily answered.

The next second, her eyes shot open and she looked at the doctor in sheer horror.

"My baby doctor...... How is my baby" she said, almost screaming.

" Your baby is fine Hajiya" you only broke your left arm and hit your head that's why you had concussion. Thanks to Allah that you used your seatbelt so nothing happened to your baby"  he replied with a smile and she heave a sigh of relief.

The doctor nodded his head before adding "But.." and we all whipped our heads to face him, giving him full attention.

"But your blood pressure is high so we have to try and keep it stable. If it doesn't stabilize then am sorry to say that we'll have serious complications during childbirth" he added solemnly and all our happy smiles instantly faded.

I was just sitting at a corner, I was scared... Scared that Ikhlas might not want me close to her. I was now a first degree threat to her and her baby.

The doctor attached a sling to her broken arm which now looked heavy because of the cast. " She can be discharged today, just make sure she gets enough rest" he said, referring to Yaya Haneef.

________________________________

Ikhlas POV

The ride back home was quiet. Haneefah hasn't yet say anything to me throughout today, guess she still feels the same way. All I focused on was the city lights that were shining like Swarovski crystals as usual. The streets were busy and eclectic but I couldn't enjoy the sight. It hurts..... Everything hurts and it wasn't fair.

By the time we made it home everything was a blur, the ability to focus was absent. I still felt like I had just woken up. My head was fuzzy and time itself seemed to be non-existent. The feeling of Haneef's hand in mine was the only thing that kept me anchored to reality.

We all got home and Ummah made dinner for me. I was on my bed when she came in with a tray of food.

"Thanks Ummah, I have forgotten the last time I had cooked food." I said with a smile which she gladly returned. I immediately dug into it but because I didn't have much of an appetite, I could only eat a little. After clearing the dishes she came back and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Ikhlas am sorry for everything okay. I talked to her and I know everything will be back to normal." She said, taking her hands in mine.

I nodded my head, a bit relieved that she had talked to her and from the looks of things today, the atmospheric tension between I and Haneefah seemed to reduce.

After she left, Haneef also came and apologized for what seemed like a million times and I assured him that I have nothing against anyone.

He wanted to be next to me throughout the night but I fought against it. With me being the most stubborn, he had to give up. We bade each other goodnight.

After a while, sleep finally fell over me like a blanket, stripping off the reality I badly want to escape every single day.

_____________

I waited for Haneefah but unfortunately she didn't come. Is she still angry? Or is there something else I did?

The fact that I couldn't answer those questions drove me to insanity, mostly because I wanted to ask Hannefah herself but felt the need to stay away. Three months isn't enough for her to miss me... Or was it? I missed her every second she was away, but maybe it wasn't the same for her.

So I waited.... Waited for the rest of the week and waited through weekend just to hear from her and the only person I see is Haneef. He was always here to render any help I might need. How hard it must have been for him.

And now I realized she had completely given up on us, I tried to get her back then... I tried. But now I realize I can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I had lost her somewhere and it was too late to get her back.

She was gone and I needed to accept that and try to move on. Thinking about her wouldn't help my blood pressure in anyway and my baby is basically in danger.

There was nothing I could do for Haneefah anymore than to let her go, because I had to take care of myself too.

And now, Is exactly when our friendship broke. That is why I called it.

The story of a broken friendship

**********************************

Guys Ikhlas had let go of Haneefah 😥
I just can't bring myself to believing this. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Why do you think Haneefah didn't show up?

How hard it must have been for Haneef.😥😥😥😥

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖