28. The Dawn of Trouble♥️

Surprised right? Yeah I know I don't update frequently and I apologise for that.
The Homewrecker hit 2k reads so I felt like i should update sooner to show my appreciation ♥️♥️

Thank you all for taking your time to read this book. Your kind gesture is deeply appreciated.

To the ghost readers 🙈
Following this story up to chapter 29 means you're enjoying it a teeny weany bit.
Please help us out by voting for the chapters 🙏 you don't have to comment 😁 just vote.

Haneefah POV

Preparations for Humaira and Fati wedding have been hectic, So many arrangements and plannings here and there. Today is the bridal shower and each of them looked beautiful.

I am now eleven weeks into gestation which awoke the diminished hope in me. As the pregnancy is getting older, the chances of miscarriage was getting lower.

Guess what!

My mother in-law is becoming a bit nicer to me even though she is much warmer to Ikhlas, her choice of words when talking to me had gone from spiteful to normal. Believe me that is an achievement.

I and Ikhlas both had our hennas drawn yesterday and she has been sulking and ranting that mine looked better than hers. I must say; Ikhlas is a blessing to our lives.

The bridal shower went well, all we did was coordinate the food serving and cheer the dancers. Yaya strictly forbade dancing, so all we could do was watch till the end before Yaya drove us back home.

The wedding fatiha and dinner was unique and exquisite, Hajiya Mariya Abdulgaffar wasai is marrying her two daughters off so you might understand what the wedding looked like.

The brides were conveyed to their various husband's houses, Ikhlas escorted Humaira and I escorted Fati. After 30 minutes Yaya was already at the gate waiting for me. I got to the car and Ikhlas was already in there, I got into the car and we zoomed off.

Around 3:00am in the morning I was woken by a sharp pain in my tummy the pain was so unbearable that I couldn't sit up or call for help. Only tears that was running down to the side of my face.

That's it! I lost the baby again.

Why is the world so cruel to me?

What have I done wrong?

Ya Allah isn't my patience enough?

This is too much for me to take ya Allah.

I forcefully tore my eyes open to be met with that usual painful sight. I was sitting in a pool of blood. I managed to crawl into the bathroom and I sat in the bathtub drowning in my agony till dawn.

I heard the door open and I guessed it was yaya, breaking me once more as my whole body ached, my muscles felt like they were being tore apart.

"Hanny!" I heard him call but I could bring myself to answering him. I heard him gasp then his hurried footstep towards the bathroom before he finally opened the door.

As Soon as his eyes met mine, I couldn't hold them anymore. I bursted into an agonizing cry which reverberated throughout the house. He held me in his arms, patting my back.

The door was banged open and a confused and scared looking Ikhlas barged in. "What happened?" She asked and non of us could utter a word.

" Yaya help her clean up lemme get the car, we are going to the hospital" she said and went out.

He helped me clean up and by the time we got out Ikhlas was already waiting in the car I carefully got in with him by my side and she drove off.

**************
"Her baby couldn't withstand the stress she subjected herself to during the wedding. Am sorry" The doctor explained.