21. Her Choice💔

Haneefah POV.

I stared at the photo in front of me, reminiscing about all our happy moments. He looked so peaceful and genuinely happy in the picture so different from the man he became now. I missed him so much, so very much that every second without him hurts like a thorn stuck in my throat.

I felt someone hugged me from behind, stopping my trail of thoughts. Turning around, I smiled at her worried figure.

"Ikhee I'll be fine okay" I assured her. She kinda warmed up with that Khaleel guy and she is going on a date with him this evening.

"I was looking for you Hanny and here you are staring at your husband's picture. I Know how you feel peaches but just endure it for some more time and you'll be back to your husband in no time." She said soothingly massaging my hair.

" Hey! You have a date this Evening. How do you expect to have a peaceful date if your are this worried sick about me?" I asked with a grin. Dismissing the worries that weighed my heart down.

She gave me a faint smile before I added. " Infact let's get you ready. What do you intend wearing?"

"Nothing yet, I will just open my wardrobe and grab anything that will fit, put it on and go" she answered with a nonchalant shrug.

I looked at her like she was some sort of witch from Hogwarts before I facepalm myself, got up and started rummaging through her wardrobe.

I finally found a Marple patterned dress which would fit perfectly, before I started with the matching veil, shoe and purse hunt.

When I was done with that, I pushed her into the bathroom and she had a shower all sulking like an overpampared kid.

I dried her hair and packed it into a bun. " Am starting with your make up now" I announced with an evil smirk.

She immediately jumped from the dresser stool " we both know that we aren't fans of makeups and definitely know nothing about it." She said with a look of horror on her face.

I bursted out laughing hysterically at her before saying " and so what? There is always a first time right?"

" Yeah there is but is there some sort of magic that makes you do something you've never learnt?" She asked.

" Yes sweetheart! And it is infact called the Internet. Am gonna check it out on YouTube and am sure you'll look perfect" I replied with a beam before sashaying to go get the makeup stuff. I don't know why mom still kept them after my wedding, but she did a good job not throwing them out.

After seven failed attempts of drawing eyeliner, we decided to wipe off the wonky wings on her eyes.

She looked so beautiful that thoughts about Khaleel proposing to her crossed my mind. If she gets married I know I'll see her less. She is going to have more time for her husband and kids. Which made a lone tear slip my eyes.

" Hey dear! Don't cry I won't be out long okay, I'll get you something when am coming back" she said hugging me.

" Get me Nutella stuffed Donuts" I said beaming like a puppy that got treats.

She hugged me once more before dashing out.

I made hot cocoa, curled back in bed and continued with my novel.

After Magrib, my mother came in and met me on the praying mat reciting my Evening Azkhar (supplications) before saying.

" When you're done meet us in the main sitting room, your attention is needed." She then turned and left, silently closing my door.

I completed the azkhar with a heavy heart, carried my phone and headed downstairs. There I met My dad, mom, My father in-law, Yaya Noor, and finally my husband.

He looked so worn out and the bags under his eyes looked like he lacked sleep for years.

Kaka was absent because she went to Adamawa to visit her sick friend.

I was so lost looking at my husband when I heard something that made my breath hitch.

" He is to get another wife and after two weeks of marriage then Haneefah can come back"

" Inalillah Wa Inna ilaihi rajiuun (from Allah we came and to him we shall return) " I heard my mother Utter with an exasperated sigh, her hand on her temple as she shook her head in disappointment.

I actually saw it coming, but part of me still prayed and hoped that I wouldn't share my husband with another woman.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on me as if they all wanted to see through my soul and read what is going on in my head.

My father was the first to break the silence.

" This is beyond my control. This is left for Haneefah to choose, if she accepts that then Fa lillahil hamd (to Allah be the glory) but if she doesn't, am afraid we will have to completely nulify the marriage" he said and my father in-law nodded in agreement.

My husband gave me a terrified look before it changed into a look of pity, regret and self blame.

After much silence, I was asked to go talk things out with my husband in the garden.

We stepped out and the cool evening breeze sudden felt so icy cold and harsh, every step I took increased the dread and melancholy in the pit of my stomach.

My whole body was covered in goosebumps and I took a seat. He remained standing with his head bent low.

"Sit down Yaya" I instructed and he complied with his head still bent low.

After much silence I decided to talk.

"Yaya" I called and he replied me with a silent "hmm"

I used my hands to lift up his face and was shocked with the sight before me.
He was crying. He has been crying all these while. That explained his physical appearance so well.

I went to him and hugged him, I was supposed to cry but Suprisingly my tear gland failed me.

" Haneefah I Know you have done and endured alot. I don't have any right to ask you to stay with me Haneefah, I'll be selfish to do so. I'll understand if you want to opt out of this marriage, you have every right and I'll support you as your brother and as someone who loves you so much"

He said in between sobs. And all I could do was continue to hold him in my arms.

I am so tired of all these problems, I am also tired of my childbearing problems, I know my parents are also tired. Everything was just upside down. And here is the strongest man I know weeping like a baby. I need to put a stop on all these.

Then, I made up my mind.

...............................................................

Den! Den!! Den!!! 😱 Haneefah made up her mind.

What would her decision be since the ball is now in her Court.

Will she agree to share her husband?
Will she walk out of the Marriage?
How is she going to stop the problem?

Follow us to the next chapter and find the answers to your questions.

Much love ❤️

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖