43. Forgiveness ♥️

Ikhlas POV

The night was beautiful, the stars were out and the sky was the darkest shade of blue I had seen in a while. The moon was full and it casts a shimmering light below, lightening the part for the dark at heart. The mid October breeze blew in all directions, never  slowly in it's mad rampage. It wasn't cold, but it was a sign of winter approaching. I sat by my window, staring at the beautiful scenery and thinking about how life with Haneefah had turned out to be.

Things were slowly changing between I and Haneefah. I could now comfortably watch movies in the sitting room without any problem, Even though we haven't sit together since the day she took me to the hospital well apart from meals.

A message popped up on my phone screen, rescuing me from my stress-induced daze.

"Get ready tomorrow Kaka wants to see all of us." It was from Haneef. Which made me begin to wonder what might have happened. Or did someone tell her about Haneefah and I?

We'll leave it for tomorrow to tell. I found my way to bed and sleep immediately washed over me.

~~~~~~~
I woke up the next day and got ready, came out and met them already dressed too. We didn't bother having breakfast before going off.

The ride was quiet, but not the awkward type of quiet. Surely because everyone was so damn curious about why Kaka needed our presence.

We got to My in-law's around 10:20am and we found three other cars parked which I recognized as  Haneefah's dad, Fati's and Humaira's.

What is going on? Was the question that kept going through my mind.

We entered with a Salam and met all of them in the main sitting room including Haneefah's mom. Which was weird because Haj. Mariya would never allow Haneefah's mom in her house talkless of sitting on her chair. Maybe because Kaka was there.

After greeting everyone, we also settled in a corner and Kaka cleared her throat.

" I called all of you because Mariya here has something to say" she then looked towards her before muttering " Mariya Bismillah" with a nod.

We all transfered our attention back to her and I noticed her teary eyes. " I just wanted to apologise to everyone" she said in a quiet tone which literally took everyone by Suprise. She took a deep breath and then continued.

" Am sorry..... Mostly to my son, Farida ( Haneefah's mom) and to Haneefah.
I always felt bad that Kaka preferred Farida over me, whenever she comes to Kano she was always with Farida and am sorry I let jealousy clouded my thoughts." She said, looking directly at Haneefah's mom and she smiled and nodded her head in return.

" Haneefah am sorry...... Am sorry for everything I ever did to you. I have no excuse for that and am sorry" she said to Haneefah and she also smiled at her.

" Ikhlas am sorry for trying to turn your back against Haneefah. I know I am the definition of a devilish mother inlaw but am grateful to you for never heading to my words" she said to me and I smiled. First of all, I was relieved... Relieved that she had told everyone and I know Haneefah also heard that I never held her words to heart.

" Son am sorry.... Am sorry for ruining your happiness son, I really am. After what you told me the last time I pondered on it and I realized that I was the sole cause of everything that happened in your house and By Allah I regretted everything I did" she said, the rest of the words drowning while her body vigorously shook as she cried.

Kaka pulled her closer and soothingly patted her back and thankfully her cries were slowly muffling into faint sobs.

" Stop crying Maman Haneef it's alright. I never held anything against you in the first place" Haneefah's mom said as she moved closer to her and patted her back too.

After her cries finally subsided she looked over to Hannefah and Haneef " please forgive me" she said and they both hugged her.

Today was definitely apology and forgiveness day because Fati and Humaira also apologized for their I'll statements towards me.

I accepted their apology and forgave them. Honestly I wasn't even bothered by what they said because I already gave them a piece of my mind. Which was already gone and forgotten the moment I stepped my foot out of the house.

We all had Lunch together. Mom served and even feed Haneefah which everyone was happy with.

Now that's how a good mother-in-law is supposed to behave.

No more hard feelings, no offenses, no hatred. Only love, affection and harmony.

After the lunch we were all laughing at a joke Mom made when Kaka stopped all of us.

" Haneefah you are pregnant and you didn't tell me why?" She asked and Hannefah shook her head in confusion.

" No Kaka am not. It's just some changes maybe due to hormonal imbalance" she said with a shrug.

" You might have gone to a medical school but I can recognize pregnancy when I see one. So don't you lecture me on what you called hormonal imbalance" she said and Hannefah gave her a confused look.

" Well... Ummmm" Hannef said, nervously scratching the back of his head.

" She is pregnant.. I just didn't tell her because I didn't know how she might take it. You know with the miscarriages and all." he said to Kaka. Haneefah's mouth dropped in shock and I smiled at that. I kinda knew she was pregnant but you know it was basically none of my business so who am I to butt in.

" How old is it" Kaka asked amusedly now and he answered with " Four months now, she's practically off the danger zone" he said, with the last sentence lighting up in joy.

Everybody cheered happily, and we were all congratulated and later dinner was served.

At 9:00pm after so much chattering and catching up on so many things we all decided to call it a day and we all left to out various homes.

Every little bit of today made me happy but one thing still bugged my mind.

My relationship with Haneefah. Is it completely severed, or should I give her time to wrap up the fact that she now has a healthy baby in her? Or should I just keep calm and let the future unfold it's secrets?

Sleep finally washed over me and my heavy heart became lighter.

**********************************

Oh my gosh 😍😍

Mom really reflected on her actions and she apologized for everything. As for me I have forgiven her.

What about you guys?

So finally Hannefah is past the danger zone.

Who wants her to have twins?

Why do you think Hannefah isn't apologizing to Ikhlas?

Find out your answers in the next chapters.

**********************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖