32. Homewrecker 2 💔

So this chapter goes to Husneeyerh much love dear 🥰

Ikhlas POV.

"Have you come to rub salt on my wounds? Mrs Ikhlas The Homewrecker" Her voice echoed through the room.

Her words stung. I knew they shouldn't have affected me, but they did. I could sense the anger and resentment that was resonating from her.

" I noticed you haven't eaten today" I said deciding to ignore her remark. " You need food to regain your strength" I added.

She snorted.

" And what business does that have to do with you? After all you are starting to achieve your aim." She threw back.

Another punch aimed at my bag of guilt.

There was silence in the room, a deafening silence. I wanted to apologise, I felt compelled to tell her everything, that it wasn't what she thought but I fought against it.

She wasn't in any position to want to hear anything from me, and I couldn't burden her with my problems, her life was hard enough as it was.

I shook my head and turned around to leave to my room. Without a word, I opened the door, wanting nothing more than to reach the comfort of my room.

I locked my door and wiped the tears on my cheeks angrily. I threw myself onto my bed and just lay there for a while until the tears finally stopped, letting all the anger and guilt I had slowly dissipate, leaving me with only hurt and sadness. I reached out to my bedside table and took my phone, dialing the number that I knew by heart.

It rang twice before she picked.

"Hello Ajoke, bawoni (Hello Ajoke how are you)" I heard from the other side of the line, making a calm wave of relief sweep through me.

There was a pause. "Am fine mom, and you?" I asked, using the little strength I had to suppress the Urge to start crying all over again.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice more calm now. What would I tell her? I can't possibly tell her that Haneefah thinks I married Haneef to wreck her marriage.

After fidgeting for some seconds I decided not to inform her.

"Nothing mom I just missed you" I replied, lightening up my voice to clear any lingering suspicion.

"Ohhh I Missed you too Ajoke how is your husband and Haneefah?" She asked, which made a new wave of sadness wash through me.

"They are all fine" I answered.

We chatted for long before I chatted with my brothers on video call. "They have Exams coming up but all they do is fight all the time" my Mom said, which basically meant that she was reporting their crimes to me.

They always fight yet very fond of each other. I just hope it happens the same way for me and Haneefah.

I hope she would calm down and we'll be back to the way we were before.

My thoughts drifted back to haneef, if he was here with us this issue wouldn't have escalated up to this level.

I know today's incident wasn't the cause of her sudden outburst, it was just a trigger to let out her bottled up emotions.

I don't blame her, if I were to be in her shoes i know I wouldn't have endured what she took in. Who will go through that and still be sane? She really deserves An accolade.

I finally got out of my bed, performed Ablution and prayed Asr. Praying that Allah eases her pain and clear her clouded mind.

I just hope and pray that she would realize that I held nothing against her and I was with her every second of the way.

My heart wrenches whenever I remember her words.

"Mrs Ikhlas The Homewrecker"

Those words hurt, they really do but who am I to blame her, and how can I bring myself to hate her. She is the missing piece of my heart that completes me.

The shrill ringing of my phone cut me off my trail of thoughts. Guess who, it's haneef our husband. Or should I say her husband?

I picked up the call with a low Salam and he answered brightly.

" Hey what's wrong with your voice? Is it the same issue?" He asked.

" Nope, I just woke up from sleep that's why my voice sounds different" I lied. I can't possibly burden him with what's happening now, he is already busy as it seems and giving him cause for worries wouldn't solve anything.

" Are you sure Ikhlas? I just called Haneefah and her voice was just like yours. Though she said she has headache" he asked. If her voice is just like mine then it means she is still angry.

Thankfully I didn't do the mistake of telling him what's happening, since she decided to hide it from him who am I to disclose this.

"Yeah she told me but don't worry everything is under control" I replied more sharply this time.

" Why am I having a bad feeling? That was exactly what she told me too."

So she also told him that everything is under control, no wonder we are bestfriends.

That immediately lit up a little hope in me, we can still be bestfriends she is just angry, which she has every right to.

I chuckled, "she said so because everything is really under control so don't worry and focus on your work okay. Bye sweetie"

" Bye"

The rest of the day went ridiculously slow, we both stayed in our rooms and the house was awfully quiet.

I stayed in my room because I was scared to meet my own Bestfriend and she also stayed in her room probably because she feels irritated by my presence.

My grumbling stomach finally reminded me that I needed to eat, I rummaged through my drawers and finally found a bag of Doritos.

I hungrily tore the bag open and stuff the content into my mouth, washing it down with an orange juice.

I kept thinking about Haneefah and with every passing second, my fear increases to the power of Ten.

Around midnight, I finally heard a sound coming from the kitchen. She might have thought that I would be sleeping so she wanted to find something to eat.

**********************************

So Ikhlas is also in despair and they both decided to keep it from haneef.

Who is hurting more?

Who is at fault?

Do you also think keeping it from haneef is the best option?

Flood me with your answers. I'll gladly read them 😉

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖