37. Tragedy 💔

IKHLAS POV

I met Ummah in the sitting room and greeted her. She answered with a grin and I gave her a pathetic smile.

I asked her about Kaka and she told me that Kaka went to Adamawa for a wedding.

"Ikhlas how are you and Haneefah?" She asked. The glow in her eyes was slowly diminishing as I told her everything admist tears.

"Be strong Ikhlas okay. I'll go there myself and talk to her" she said.

"I don't want to be this vulnerable. I want to be the strong Ikhlas I used to be." I sobbed harder as she put an arm around me.

" You are one of the strongest people I know Ikhlas, the fact that you admitted to your mistake is a proof enough." She said soothingly.

" I almost want to give up ummah. I know it's wrong but I find myself questioning why did I have to marry him in the first place. I know I can't question Allah's plans but..." I wiped my tears as I sat resting my throbbing head in my palms.

It felt like it was going to explode.

"We want to see all of you Happy. We want the old Hanny back and we also want the old Ikhee back, whose smarty comebacks and laughter lights up even the darkest hearts"

"I  want the old me back too ummah. Am trying.... Am trying to control the situation but it's so hard." I repeated my earlier sentence and bit my lip to stop myself from crying but the tears escaped nonetheless.

Before I knew it ummah too was shedding tears as we hugged each other.

What a pitiful picture we might have portrayed!

"You'll all reach there insha Allah. Just don't lose hope. Allah is the best healer"

"Inshallah"  I repeated.

" I'll be there later when her dad comes back okay. We'll talk some sense into her head" she said with a smile which I gladly return.

" On second thoughts, let me get ready we are going there now" she said, stood up and walked to her room.

We drove in silence, as we reached the gate ummah spotted an old friend of hers.

"Ikhlas go in I'll be right back too. I need to greet my friend" she said with a smile and got off the car.

I drove in and parked the car. Upon entering the house I saw Haneefah, Fati and Humaira in the sitting room.

So they are still here. Which married woman will be comfortably outside by six?
Well that's none of my business.

I ignored them and found my way to my room.

"Ohh the slut is back" fati said with a chuckle. I wanted to stop and give her a piece of my mind but decided otherwise cause I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.  But the next comment made me stop.

" She is back from the wizard who Bewitched Haneef and Mummy" Hannefah said, lacing her words with so much venom.

" You know that is not true" I said through gritted teeth without turning back.

"Ohh yeah it's not true, sorry I made a mistake. I just remembered that you don't need a wizard cause you are a witch yourself" she spat back and they all burst out laughing.

I can't take this anymore, I was fed up with her tantrums. I turned and walked out of the house, not wanting to be under the same roof as her.

I hurriedly got to my car and it roared to life.

Immediately I got out, I saw ummah walking towards the house but I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so I left without saying a word to her.

I just desperately wanted to get away from this mess. As I turned the car out of the street I saw Yaya Noor's car with haneef in the front seat through the rearview mirror.

Then, made up my mind. Maybe this marriage was actually not the best thing for me. Am getting a divorce as soon as I set my eyes on Haneef.

Don't talk me out of it cause I already made up my mind.

I drove my car down the same roads that I did every single day of my career, the same suburban streets; the same lifelessness on the road.

Flashes of those painful memories kept creeping up my head. The world had gone quiet, but my mind had not. My head consisted of multiple different train to thoughts, almost colliding and merely skimming each other. I was still in utter disbelief and was starting to wonder if life could get anymore cruel.

And it did.

Life hit me hard, in form of a truck I was speeding into faster than I could react. In no time everything had flashed before my eyes, starting as the headlights of the truck and then changing to the lights of the houses around as my own car flipped and skidded. It ended as descending darkness once my car settled in a position that sent an agonizing pain throughout my body.

"My baby.... My baby" was all I kept muttering. I heard my phone started to ring but the pain invaded and became me, as my world went black.

The cacophony of crashes and clashes ended, everything ceased.

***********************************

Hey guys sorry for the tragedy above. You all think am being too harsh to the characters right.

I myself wouldn't want that but these are things that occur everyday. Just because I wouldn't want it doesn't make reality any less cruel.

Do you think Ikhlas is going to survive it?

What will Ummah tell Haneefah?

Stay tuned for your answers.

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖