33. Scorned 💔

Ikhlas POV.

The moon had begun to appear in the sky despite a trace of daylight still clinging to the sunset. The light colors moulded together made a ridiculously picturesque scene, which I was in no mood to appreciate.

I sat on my bed sipping Apple juice. Staying in my room had Surprisingly become my day-to-day activity, I just had to keep my distance. I don't know how long it will take her to recover but getting closer to her is Definitely not a good idea.

I was broken, I didn't know what to do. It killed me to always see her in front of me but with each passing second she was getting farther away from me. Those thoughts making my hand tightened into a fist.

Whenever our paths cross, she hits me with spiteful remarks and she turned the table over twice when I set up meals for us. After a while I realized that my attempts were pointless so I decided to give her enough time and space to sort her feelings out.

Believe me "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I lifted my straw to my mouth and started to suck but then realized that I already drained it. I checked my fridge and it looked empty. The pregnancy was making my appetite rapidly rise everyday.

Time for grocery shopping. I got into a free flowing gown and put on my hijab.

Immediately I stepped out, I met Hannefah at the door. Seemed like she was coming back from somewhere.

"Hanny I want to go get somethings. Do you need anything?" I asked, bracing myself for the impact.

" I only want one thing Ikhlas" she said with a faint smile. Which lit up my dull expression.

"I want you out of my life and my husband's" she added, instantly popping my happy bubble.

I walked past her towards my car without saying a word. I sat behind the steering wheel, with my hands shaking more than ever in no time. I fumbled my key in the ignition and started to back out of the parking lot still in complete disbelief.

This isn't what I wanted nor what I pictured. Ya Allah you are my only hope, restore what we lost in this family.

I got to the supermarket. Picked up some bags of Doritos, lays and Pringles. more of fruits and veggies than canned beverages, cookies and some nuts too.

I stopped at Dainty Munch to buy tacos and I ordered for her too. Was that a good idea or a recipe for a complete disaster?

I guess we'll know when I get back home.

I headed back home, slid hers through her window and hurried back to my room.

After about five minutes I heard her knocking at my door and I went to open it. Immediately my eyes met hers she dumped the taco filling on my head and threw the tortilla at me.

"It's so pathetic of you to think that I am that easy to poison." She said with a hiss and slammed the door to my face.

"Inalillah wa Inna illaihi rajiuun( from Allah we came and to him we shall return)" was all I kept muttering as tears flowed down my cheeks. All my life no one has been able to make me feel this miserable. And it seems like she is bent on making my life a living hell.

After an hour of crying, I cleaned myself up and cleared the mess made. I prayed and crept up to the comforts of my bed.

I badly wanted to fall asleep quickly so that Haneefah's thought wouldn't mess me up for the night but it was too late, the thoughts resurfaced themselves even when I was trying my hardest to will them away.

They kept swarming through my brain like wasps in a nest. The pain and the stinging of my memories managing to make me crazy for hours. It wasn't fair, the way she lingered in my mind and weighed on my heart.

The way we had left things had managed to ruin me, the way she had completely cut me out of her life.

The buzzing sound of my phone brought me back to my senses as the message read " Stay out of my lane or you will regret it for the rest of your life." you guys would have already guessed the sender of the message. Well you guessed it right.

I felt my heart sink in despair. I wanted nothing more than to collapse, keep my head on my folded arms and weep the hopeless tears which stung my eyes. But No! We both have a life to live so I must be brave and face yet another day.

I kept my phone back without another word. Knowing that these past days had been a rollercoaster ride both of us desperately wanted to get off. She has a lot on her plate and I just hope she is also determined to surpass all of the obstacles just like me. It will take alot of time and patience but I was ready to do it.

I promised myself to endure whatever it is she is going to do to hurt me till the day she realizes that.

*******************************
So Hannefah is being mean

Ikhlas is determined to put up with it till Haneefah calms down

Mrs. Mother-in-law where are you? Better come and settle this matter oo

Please continue to comment on the chapters and let me know what you think. Hearing from you makes writing seem so much more worthwhile.

Tysm for reading and please continue to support as the plot reaches the tension point.

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖