18. Divorce 😱

Ikhlas POV

I left for Delilah's wedding and as planned, I have to get to Lagos first before taking a flight to New York.

Khaleel was also in Lagos for a conference so he'll be the one to see me off. I got to the place we were to meet and thankfully he was there before me.

"Hey dollface! Good morning" he greeted with that signature smirk evident on his face.

"Hi" I greeted back, hopping in his car and we zoomed off.

" Am literally starving so can we branch any restaurant?" He asked focousing on his driving.

" Well my stomach also needs to have it fill" I replied chuckling.

We got to the restaurant and we both ordered fries.

I slowly munched on my food as he did with his. It was awfully quiet and I noticed that he was kind of tensed.

We finished our meal and I offered to pay for it but he strongly declined.

We got to the car and made our way to the Airport. The ride was also very quiet and awkward making me feel very uncomfortable. I wanted to ask him if anything was wrong but decided against it.

We got to the Airport and he helped me with my bag.

"Ikhlas!" He called with a calm and stern voice sending chills through me.

"Yeah" I answered trying hard to contain my anxiousness.

He gulped hard, grabbed a fistful of his hair and exhaled loudly before muttering something I couldn't hear.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked. Worry replacing my fear.

" The thing is.... I really like you and I intended tell you and suprisingly it was harder than I thought it would be" he blurted out. Which made me burst out laughing.

" Really? So you can be this nervous?" I asked laughing hysterically.

"Yeah! When it comes to you, I sometimes lose it. So Ikhlas I like - like you and I would love it if you would be my girlfriend" he said more calmly.

I was just staring at him without even knowing what to do or what to say. He actually isn't bad and I don't mind dating him. He makes me blush, gives me butterflies and all those things scares the shit out of me.

" Hey, you don't have to give me an answer now, just give it a good thought and we can talk about it when you get back" he said, scratching the back of his head sounding a bit unsure.

" Yeah I will" I replied.

We bade each other and we parted ways.
...
...
...

The plane landed in LaGuardia Airport as I worm my ways towards the exit. I immediately spotted Delilah and I waved at her excitedly.

We hugged each other, exchanging pleasantries and we rode to her house, filling me in every details of the wedding.

I met with her parents, and they welcomed me warmly. She took me to the guest room where am supposed to spend the night.

I took a shower, called home to let them know that I arrived safely, had lunch and we headed out for the mall. I had to pick out my outfit for the wedding and she had to pick her's for her bachelorette party which I am not going to attend despite her persuasion.

I settled for a cream colored long floral dress with turtle neck and long sleeves, a cream colored veil to match, flat shoes cause I honestly can't deal with heals and am quite okay with my height. And she picked a simple red dress for hers.